Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 1.6 TDCI Fuel Filter Change Question

Chrismawa

Going to change my fuel filter next weekend so need to order a priming pump. What size is the fuel line off the filter, so I can order the pump with the right size connector?

When I did mine I used 10mm went to B&Q for a clear tube, take the priming bulb with you though to be safe, also when I did mine on my MK3 TDCi it was the most pointless tool I had ever used got fed up in the end and just turned the key, let it run for a second then give it some throttle and it was fine.

Thanks mate. Hmmm, there are 8mm or 10mm versions. May go with the 10mm one.

Ive seen mixed reviews on them to be honest but will give one a try. If it fails I will just manually fill the filter like i did on my old A4.

8 minutes ago, Chrismawa said:

Thanks mate. Hmmm, there are 8mm or 10mm versions. May go with the 10mm one.

Ive seen mixed reviews on them to be honest but will give one a try. If it fails I will just manually fill the filter like i did on my old A4.

Just be sure to get some hose clips just in case it's too big you can clamp it down tight, not sure how you can manually fill the filter unless you're doing it while it's out of the car. If all else fails you could tow it around the block :cool:

Careful if just turning it over, the engine doesn't have a pump in the tank, it relies on the fuel pump sucking its juice through. If you have air between the pump and the filter the fuel pump will just spin up and wear itself out (its lubed up by the fuel) 

suck the fuel in to the filter first, then using whatever you have to hand, fill the pipe to the brim that goes down to the pump. 

Using some Ninja skills connect the fuel line to the filter.

job done.

if you let that pipe going down to the pump run dry your going to have a problem and if you just keep on turning it over you will either flatten the battery or destroy your fuel pump.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club