Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rubbing noise coming from front drivers side wheel after braking but goes when car stopped after a few minutes?

Linnyloo

Have had this problem for a couple of months now. Seems that when I have braked quite a bit or braked from fast speed I get this noise coming from the front that sounds like something is rubbing? Almost sounds like a bike chain going round (if that makes sense) it  obviously goes with the speed of the car so slowing the down the noise seems louder but slows down and speeding up the noise seems quieter but faster. Then if I stop the car for a few minutes I.e. Pop into a shop then get back into drive, the noise has gone?! Like something rubbing is getting hot and making noise but once cooled slightly it stops. I had new brake pads end of last year, and one looks like it had a stone stuck in it at one point as there is an indentation around the disc. I have a had one person look at it 'but can't find anything wrong' 🙄 Any advice much appreciated.

Did your chaps dismantle the brakes? Classic symptoms of a sticking guide pin.  Strip, very thorough clean, careful lube, and reassamble will hopefully resolve your problem.

23 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Did your chaps dismantle the brakes? Classic symptoms of a sticking guide pin.  Strip, very thorough clean, careful line, and reassamble will hopefully resolve your problem.

Sticky guide pin is your fault. I had exactly the same on my last car. As explained above cured it

• Like 1

Thanks for advice will see if I can get him to sort it! 😊

let us know if it does the trick :biggrin:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club