Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Burning smell from inside the car

Adamholtbmx

I sometimes drive my girlfriends ford Ka, and when the car goes past 4000 revs in 5th gear, there is a burning smell which you can smell from the inside of the car, it always happens regardless of the heater setting etc, it's only some 13.000 miles and it's had a couple of services and ford have never come across any issues through their health checks but I was wondering if anyone has this problem and hopefully a fix, or could it be just because the engine is getting pushed too hard.

thanks guys in advance

Was going to say clutch but 13,000 miles rules that out.

unless your ragging it to death n killing the clutch.

other n that don't know mate, pop it into the dealer n ask them for advice could be some common faults with them or they may pick something up.

• Like 1

My missus has got a tendency to rest on the clutch abit much sometimes when changing gear but still, I don't think it's that either, thanks for your reply Damien

Even though you shouldn't

well advised to rest you foot on the clutch,13,000 miles in still wouldn't cause this mate.later on in time yeh like 80k but my advice would be whip into garage mate for advice, could be something loose undercar catching whilst driving n causing smell,

Yeah I will be doing Damien, thanks for your advice.

• Like 1

Welcome mate please post update in this section good luck 👍

Sounds silly but is the engine clean? No spills or seeping oil coming from anywhere? Could just be a bit of oil burning on the engine.

Checked the levels? Made sure coolant, etc. is topped up? The coolant can be quite hard to see the level so i advise using a small torch to shine on the side to see the level.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club