Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 rear caliper part query

FatHead1979

Hi all,

Having previously had the pins greased my rear calipers are starting to bind slightly (again) and I don't really fancy the cost of replacement or paying a company to refurbish my existing parts which would leave my car off the road for a week or so.

So I'm looking to use the opportunity for a bit of learning and have a go at fitting a refurbishing kit on a cheap, used set of rear calipers via eBay.  That way I can just swap them over without losing the use of my car whilst they are being refurbished professionally.

To avoid me having to jack up the car several times to check the exact Ford part numbers (I know this is slightly lazy considering the work I'm looking at doing!) do any of the guys with access to Ford's parts system (Microcat etc) know if the rear calipers on a MK2 Focus are the same regardless of whether it is a hatchback, estate or saloon.

I'm hoping they are so I can just go and order some without worring about getting the right variant of caliper.

The MK2 rear caliper is the same, the only difference is the caliper carrier brackets, different size for different size discs, so if you're going to be using your existing carrier brackets then you'll be ok.

Just done a rear disc conversion on my car and was luck enough to get a set of calipers, carrier's and pads of a eBay that had only done a few hundred miles for £20 each plus p+p. 

Have a look on there, if you're going to be stripping and rebuilding them you don't need them in perfect condition, filter your search for cheapest first. Good luck 👍

43 minutes ago, wilto said:

The MK2 rear caliper is the same, the only difference is the caliper carrier brackets, different size for different size discs, so if you're going to be using your existing carrier brackets then you'll be ok.

Just done a rear disc conversion on my car and was luck enough to get a set of calipers, carrier's and pads of a eBay that had only done a few hundred miles for £20 each plus p+p. 

Have a look on there, if you're going to be stripping and rebuilding them you don't need them in perfect condition, filter your search for cheapest first. Good luck 👍

Wow, BARGAIN!

If a pair of rear MK2 calipers are all the same variant I reckon I'll go ahead with buying a refurb kit, some 'used' calipers off Fleabay and see how I get on.  If I do decide to go ahead I'll probably take a few pictures in case it helps anyone else thinking about doing the same.

Oddly enough, I spent most of last night looking at Mk2 rear calipers online and (surprisingly I discovered) they're all the same.  I was expecting to see variance across the trim levels and engine size: but apparently this is not the case! 

Just seen a brand new one for £36 free p+p.

By the time you buy second hand ones and all the required parts you'll be better of getting those.

21 hours ago, wilto said:

Just seen a brand new one for £36 free p+p.

By the time you buy second hand ones and all the required parts you'll be better of getting those.

Where did you see the brand new one?

sheesh , do we have to do everything for you ?  ;-)

try here......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-mk2-All-Left-Rear-Brake-Caliper-2004-to-2012-Brand-New-Fast-Shipping-/112534833773?fits=Model%3AFocus|Plat_Gen%3AMK+II&epid=1246538547&hash=item1a33994a6d:g:apgAAOSwFnFV-tAb

i'm assuming the seller has the right side as well

Edit ; he has , shown lower down the page.

i wouldnt bother refurbing calipers either unless there was a brake fluid leak and they were hyper expensive to replace , lifes too short to be faffing with piston seals lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club