Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St Line X

Mavroz

Ok, so the Mrs ordered a White Fiesta St Line X 140 with reversing camera back on August 12th.

We didn't have a test drive as no demo car had been delivered but were promised one at beginning of September.

Told when ordering that the car would be ready approx End of October, to be collected.

Had a phone call mid September saying production was ahead of schedule, it would be ready mid October.

Heard nothing about a test drive, nor anything about the car being ready.

15th Oct had a phone call from the dealership admin to activate the free 7 day driveaway insurance.

Great, car must be ready shortly for collection.

Heard nothing about test drive or her car....

Contacted dealership, told car had been removed from their system. Investigation ensued.

Dealership have rang back saying production on all vehicles woth leather seating or prtial leather has been put on hold until beginning of October.

Still no test drive or car.

Dealership cannot now give us a delivery date, can't give us a test drive.

Would we have the right to cancel? Is the leather issue across Ford vehicles true? (Anyone else heard of it) Can we cancel as we have still no had a test drive?

One good point, the dealership have offered to "loan"  a vehicle until her's is ready to collect but this seems to be dragging on, the loan car is not the one she ordered or wants and they cannot tell us how long the estimated delivery date is away.

Comments please.... Thank you. 

Yes there is a supply issue with for the leather on the new fiesta.

if you want to cancel, speak to the dealer about it, seems fair that they will loan you a car (of course it's not going to be the car she ordered) as long as you're not out of pocket due to the delay, I'd wait.

It's good of them to offer a loan car until the one you've ordered is delivered, fair play to them. I suppose they can only go off what they've been told from the factory about delivery dates, if the factory can't give a date they can only relay the message. They are completely in hands of the factory now not a lot they can do about it.

I understand how frustrating it can be but I would wait it out personally, at least the dealer is trying to give a helping hand. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have same issue, I ordered a Titanium X in June. I knew it would be a while when I originally ordered. I was told originally that it would be with the dealer on 4th Sept. even 2 days before that I was still told same.

then advised about the delay due to the stop build on any models containing a leather trim.

Was then told end October, and when the dealer enquired again last week, the stop was on again, and anticipated being lifted end of October.

In the email I got they advised the message from the factory that once stop is lifted they are producing in limited numbers until the end of 2017, on a sold and ageing basis.  

Dont expect to see mine until well into 2018! 🙁

Had another update on Sunday.

The car is now expected January 2018...

To the dealerships credit, we collected the loan car Sunday, another 2017 st line.

They loaned the Mrs a car as when she went to order she was having an operation on her hand which meant no driving for 15 to 20 weeks. The dealership encouraged her to sell her older Ford to them as her new one would be ready in plenty of time for her return to work. As they told her this they said we can have a loan car for as long as it takes.

Loan car is the 125hp version and I have to say the acceleration, engine noise isn't anywhere as good as the 140hp. I know there is 15 difference but I didn't think it would be so different. Still it is free tax and insurance and a run around for the time being.

I guess there must be significant differences between the 2 under the bonnet although everything looks pretty much the same.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club