Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Sync 2 Update

konstantinosmis

Hi. Im from Greece. I have Ford Focus 1.5 TDCi Titanium. Where can i find the last update files for Sync 2? I cant register/login to ford owners because im not from US. Ineed to update it for better performance. Have you got any link?

20171203_160840.jpg

Download the file folder then take the syncmyride and autoinstall files out of the folder and transfer to a 32gb usb stick formatted to fat32 or NTFS.

Unplug all other usb sticks and SD cards from the car and insert the stick with the update files.

The car needs to be running while the update loads (can take 30 minutes).

The install can seem to freeze about half way through but let it run and the install will complete.

You will probably need to rebond phones and redo personal settings.

5dd150a984466ba6dcf1bc08699d8925.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone know if they (Ford) are working any updates or have they dropped any development for it now ?

On 03/12/2017 at 2:12 PM, konstantinosmis said:

Ineed to update it for better performance. Have you got any link?

Not sure what you mean by "better performance". 

Unfortunately even with the most recent updates  Sync 2 is slow and cumbersome to use on the move. Ford now uses different hardware and moved away from Microsoft for its Sync 3 solution.

• Like 1

If you think Sync 2 is bad, don't even bother with the latest Renault / tomtom thing.  Had a Captur hire car on holiday and it took a good half mile for it to sort itself out - bluetooth pairing and Sat Nav connecting to satellites

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Is the one in link the latest one (Works on UK Spec cars?)
Is this just a language pack or an actual software update for sync 2 which updates the applications on there etc???

I have issues with mine sometime where it reads text messages but only does half of it and dosnt read the rest, so was looking to see if i can get it updated again.

See attached is what i have atm on mine, could do with a sat nav card update but ill sort that at a later date.

Thanks.

Car radio 01-2018.png

On 10/01/2018 at 1:22 PM, Brammer_2k said:

Hi All,

Is the one in link the latest one (Works on UK Spec cars?)
Is this just a language pack or an actual software update for sync 2 which updates the applications on there etc???

I have issues with mine sometime where it reads text messages but only does half of it and dosnt read the rest, so was looking to see if i can get it updated again.

See attached is what i have atm on mine, could do with a sat nav card update but ill sort that at a later date.

Thanks.

Car radio 01-2018.png

When someone sends you a long text message, this message is actually split up as the limit per message is 153 characters. I'm guessing the car is only reading the first part of that message for that reason.

• Like 1

Thank you very much. Does this update support dab radio? Or I need an external device/another APIM module? Where can I find any newer updates?

20 hours ago, konstantinosmis said:

Thank you very much. Does this update support dab radio? Or I need an external device/another APIM module? Where can I find any newer updates?

I'm pretty sure the Sync 2 comes with DAB as standard...... Can you send us a screenshot of the media page without the DAB button?

3 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

I'm pretty sure the Sync 2 comes with DAB as standard...... Can you send us a screenshot of the media page without the DAB button?

i didnt find any option. also when i speak dab in voice comands, sync say cant find this comand. maybe it is disabled? 

20170708_082140.jpg

Without the DAB head unit in the dash, you're not going to be able to enable DAB. Where in the world are you? Greece? If so, you only have DAB+ on test at the moment which is why your car doesn't have DAB!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countries_using_DAB/DMB#Greece

There is The first broadcast of digital radio in Greece occurred on Jan. 5 2018, from the ERT (Greece’s public broadcaster) facilities in Ymittos. Seven radio programs of ERT are being sent on channel 12C using DAB+.

ERT launched its own digital multiplexer just one month after the publication of the private digital broadcasting bill. From the channel 12C multiplexer (frequency 227.36) the First, Second and Third Programs, Kosmos, ERA Sports and Voice of Greece, as well as a program called EPA7, broadcasting sound from the Parliament channel, are being broadcast, reports radiofono.gr.

The DAB+ transmission is clearly in the test phase — the technical characteristics are constantly shifting.

Channel 12C will cover the whole of Central Greece and Attica with a single-frequency network based on the pre-existing frequency map developed a decade ago. The newly updated frequency map has not yet been published.

DAB radios are available in many shops.
Frequency planning has allocated a national multiplex and one for each of Greece’s nine regions.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club