Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2 or 3 into 2013 st3 with sync 1

Richyfinn

Hi i am looking for info on fitting sync 2 or 3 into my 2013 st3 which has the orignal sync 1.0. Found a few tips but not alot of successful how to guides etc. Basically need to know how hard it is to do wiring etc. Been a mechanic for 10 years but wiring etc isnt my strong point. Any info or help will be appreciated. Thanks 

To be honest I have sync 1 ?( a small screen one) in my focus and the sync 2 sat nav version (minus the maps sd card) in the courtesy car. I don’t think there are enough benefits to warrant the upgrade as a modern phone can do say nav better than most in built systems and the remaining controls in my opinion are easy to work (while driving) in the non touch screen system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Richyfinn said:

Hi i am looking for info on fitting sync 2 or 3 into my 2013 st3 which has the orignal sync 1.0. Found a few tips but not alot of successful how to guides etc. Basically need to know how hard it is to do wiring etc. Been a mechanic for 10 years but wiring etc isnt my strong point. Any info or help will be appreciated. Thanks 

I'd avoid Sync 2 (slow and cumbersome to use especially on the move and no app link).  Sync 3 is much better in my experience.

I can't help on the wiring wide but when I enquired about the Sync 3 parts needed to upgrade a Sync 2 car it was very expensive for new bits form UK dealers.   

From memory  the  main bits needs are Sync 3 APIM, New 8" Sync 3 touch screen, Multi-media module (in arm rest), new compatible dash console.  You will also need the necessary software tools and skills to enable the system. Not sure if upgrading from pre Sync 2 also requires other parts relating to the the audio system.

I was looking at Sync 2 to Sync 3 and the cost for new UK sourced parts alone was well over £1k. I guess if you know what you're doing it may be less daunting and sourcing used parts will reduce the cost.  

Recently had a 2017 Fiesta courtesy with a small screen and much prefer Sync 3.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club