Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 focus 1L ecoboost fuel pump control fault

Discolights

Long time ford owner and new to the forum and was just looking for some advice.

I have a 2014 focus zetec 1L ecoboost. It has been throwing up interrmitent Engine malfunction service required warnings. Generally restart the car and it clears. Tried a diagnostic tester on it but no codes. Happened again and got the AA out still had the warning and managed to get the code p025c11 (Fuel pump control unit short to ground).

I have been having a look around and cant seem to find anything about this code. also had a scan through a haynes manual and cant see anything about the control unit.

Where is the fuel pump conrol unit located? is this the same as the Fuel pump driver unit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i am reluctant to send it to ford to have this replaced as i suspect due to the interrmittent nature it would be a wiring issue.

Thanks

So I found the unit under carpet of rear driver side seat. Just need to try and get it to fail again to narrow it down. Has anyone seen a mk3 focus fuel wiring diagram. I looked through the schematic thread but can't see one for fuel. 

• 11 months later...
On 1/6/2018 at 9:42 AM, Discolights said:

Long time ford owner and new to the forum and was just looking for some advice.

I have a 2014 focus zetec 1L ecoboost. It has been throwing up interrmitent Engine malfunction service required warnings. Generally restart the car and it clears. Tried a diagnostic tester on it but no codes. Happened again and got the AA out still had the warning and managed to get the code p025c11 (Fuel pump control unit short to ground).

I have been having a look around and cant seem to find anything about this code. also had a scan through a haynes manual and cant see anything about the control unit.

Where is the fuel pump conrol unit located? is this the same as the Fuel pump driver unit?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i am reluctant to send it to ford to have this replaced as i suspect due to the interrmittent nature it would be a wiring issue.

Thanks

1491335149_Screenshot_20181231-0904422.thumb.png.3f5f2cf8abcb75c1fb7a9c814788d4ee.pngHi Discolights I'm having the same issue with my Ford Focus and I don't know what the problem can be. Also engine malfunction service now message is appearing on my dashboard and disappearing when I start the engine second time. No errors code to be found instead of the one similar to the message you posted.

Did you managed to find the problem ?

I will be really grateful for your help.

Thank you.

DTC: P025C
Definition: Fuel Pump Module Control Circuit Low

DTC failure Byte
 ID: 11
Description: Circuit Short To Ground

This DTC code is either caused by a wiring defect (short to ground) or by a defective fuel pump module. You should first disconnect the fuel pump module and inspect the wiring for visual defects and measure for continuity between the wiring and ground. If the wiring is undamaged and there is no continuity to fround the problem is caused by a defective fuel pump module.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club