Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trip computer settings.

marshal62

Hi everyone, i have a mk3 focus. I like my trip computer set to the display that shows the 4 windows. my question is.....can you select what windows you see or are they factory set. i currently have ave speed, ave mpg, instant mpg and dist to empty. I would ideally like to swap the ave speed for the trip odometer. 

• 3 weeks later...

That's odd. My 4 screen display is miles to empty, AVG mpg, current mpg and trip...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's odd. My 4 screen display is miles to empty, AVG mpg, current mpg and trip...

Yeh that's the same as mine also. Think the original poster got it mixed up. You can't change them anyway unless you have a mk3.5 then I think you can.

9 hours ago, iantt said:

Yeh that's the same as mine also. Think the original poster got it mixed up. You can't change them anyway unless you have a mk3.5 then I think you can.

Can't change them on the MK3.5 either.

12 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

9 hours ago, iantt said:

Umm...  Mines stuck with avg speed instead of trip as well... :unsure: I looked for the option to change it on the dash menu or with FoCCCus but couldn't see one.  

IMG_20180121_115803600_HDR.thumb.jpg.4416cd8404ba73e1c2d3417b5d1a40e5.jpg

it was a software update which changed the settings from average MPH to mileage like this one below.

65E6FE64-4217-4271-8711-8684895F816E.png

2ACB99B8-5DEA-4C4C-8B3E-53887AF3AED0.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Typhoonf2 said:

it was a software update which changed the settings from average MPH to mileage like this one below.

18 minutes ago, Typhoonf2 said:

it was a software update which changed the settings from average fuel to mileage like this one below.

5C28667E-5166-4879-8D66-973C94DFFC49.jpeg

So could I have software updated at a Ford garage or does the update only work with later clocks?

Every Focus MK3 Level 3 instrument cluster (with the large full color display) can be updated to the latest software version that shows trip mileage instead of average speed.

The update proces of the instrument cluster takes approximately 40 minutes so a Ford dealer will probably charge an hour of diagnostics to update the instrument cluster.

• Thanks 1

The instrument cluster can be updated with the FoCCCus program and a modified high quality ELM327 interface. The update consists of 3 different files that needs to be loaded to the instrument cluster in the correct order.

However before considering this option you must be aware that updating the instrument cluster with the FoCCCus progran and an ELM327 interface takes a really long time. At a Baudrate of 500.000 Kbps updating the Level 3 instrument cluster will take approximately 24 Hours. It also requires a really good quality ELM327 interface. 

• Like 1

24 hours!! :unsure:

I'll have to leave it then, trip would be useful but not worth dealer costs and I wouldn't risk 24hours of download lol!

I converted a few USA Level 3 instrument clusters to European spec by reprogramming the software (and changing the dial plates). USA instrument clusters have different hardware ID numbers from the European ones. as a result of this a USA instrument cluster is not recognised by the Ford diagnostic system as a suitible part for the European Focus Mk3. The only way to reprogram these instrument clusters is by doing it manually (for example with FoCCCus).

I always reprogram these instrument clusters outside the car on the kitchen table. I made a testing setup for these purposes which basically consists of a regulated 12 Volt DC power supply, An Arduino based CANbus simulator (which I designed and build myself) and some wiring and connectors. This way I am able to create an optimal environment to test and reprogram these instrument clusters. However enven in these optimal conditions I managed to brick an instrument cluster when the update process developed an error after 19 Hours of programming. Fortunately these instrument clusters can usually be unbricked quite easily, 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2018 at 7:59 PM, JW1982 said:

I converted a few USA Level 3 instrument clusters to European spec by reprogramming the software (and changing the dial plates). USA instrument clusters have different hardware ID numbers from the European ones. as a result of this a USA instrument cluster is not recognised by the Ford diagnostic system as a suitible part for the European Focus Mk3. The only way to reprogram these instrument clusters is by doing it manually (for example with FoCCCus).

I always reprogram these instrument clusters outside the car on the kitchen table. I made a testing setup for these purposes which basically consists of a regulated 12 Volt DC power supply, An Arduino based CANbus simulator (which I designed and build myself) and some wiring and connectors. This way I am able to create an optimal environment to test and reprogram these instrument clusters. However enven in these optimal conditions I managed to brick an instrument cluster when the update process developed an error after 19 Hours of programming. Fortunately these instrument clusters can usually be unbricked quite easily, 

You, sir...are a wizard!

Burn him!:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club