Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TDCiST’s.... TDCi ST...

TDCiST

Latest mod, some beefed up security! 

Should hopefully stay on the driveway now! Been seeing a lot of posts of these and fiestas going missing recently! 

• Like 1

So what you bought for security? 

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, Stoney871 said:

A machine gun? :gun_bandana:

:angel_not:

Nah... a big dog!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

All been a bit quiet on the modding front recently, car is due to go in for a recall, for the ECU to be updated as they have found some cars aren't regenerating the DPF correctly!

still, managed to find some time to put my new ford owners club sticker on the rear window under the spoiler!

Got the Carbon Badges in the post last week, so they are ready to go on at some point!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, Carbon badges on, they look awesome, Front, Rear and Steering wheel, Pictures will Follow!

Also, I've purchased some CEUK LED Upgrade Reverse lamps, they are brighter and whiter than standard bulbs, so hoping that will aid the lack of vision in the dark through tinted windows!

Finally had the ECU Recall done, after a couple of "oh the systems crashed" trips... Luckily they managed to stop mine before it crashed, unlike the other ST Diesel in... that owner wasn't happy to be told his ST is now a paperweight...

ALso asked them to update the SatNav to latest map, and look at my DAB Radio, as it doesn't work at all!! However they have had issues in he fact the system wont let them update anything, so they've had to raise a HARS to ford HQ, and raise the issue further!

• 6 months later...

Again another quiet few months on the upgrade/mod scene...

Some amazingly bright Indicator LED Lamps from CEUK have gone in, you can see them from space!

Secondly, was involved in a little ding couple of months back, which resulted in some bodywork repairs to front and rear wings, new doors, new steering rack, and new alloys and tyres... Bit of a bummer, but the repair has been done very well, and its nice to have her back!

Biggest update so far is the update from EU 4 15, to F7 (and hopefully tonight F8) maps on my Sync 3 Nav... this is an exciting post today eh!

Thinking of getting the car detailed, machine polished and then GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra'd… anyone had any experience or reviews of that?? 

• Like 1

So... Sync 3 is now on proper v3.0 - Build 18025.. not dodgy v3.0 - Build 17265... That's been a sticky wicket for a while now!

And F8 maps are transferring to USB as we speak and will "hopefully" be done by tomorrow morning!

I promise there will be some exciting updates soon!!

• 1 year later...

So,

A sad update... the car was written off in May by a rather heavily modified Audi. Long story short, I was cruising up the motorway, and was then shunted from behind, causing me to spin it into the barrier on the left.

Police estimated his speed at 90-100, I was cruising at 60!

RIP little focus! You did me proud!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

So,
A sad update... the car was written off in May by a rather heavily modified Audi. Long story short, I was cruising up the motorway, and was then shunted from behind, causing me to spin it into the barrier on the left.
Police estimated his speed at 90-100, I was cruising at 60!
RIP little focus! You did me proud!
Oh no. What's the replacement.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, bashbarnard said:

Oh no. What's the replacement.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

No proper replacement as yet... but keeping my eyes open for a new ST, with Performance Pack, HUD, Panoramic Roof etc etc... the only dilemma is if I stay Diesel or go Petrol.

Current replacement is a 15 year old Ford Fusion! Lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Petrol emoji41.png

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

25000-30000 miles a year may cause a problem with that... but... I love the sound of it!! Test drove it the other day.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TDCiST said:

25000-30000 miles a year may cause a problem with that... but... I love the sound of it!! Test drove it the other day.

The petrol will cripple you with that many miles, though you will have loads of nectar points.

Go for Diesel

Sorry about loosing the car

• Haha 1

Luckily we have a Costco fuel station where I live... so premium unleaded is about 15p cheaper than normal fuel stations!

had the diesel before and loved it, but now I have taken the new Petrol out... it made me smile from start to end!

we shall see, I’m a few months off getting a replacement yet so plenty of time to decide!

Once everything is settled, I’ll stick some pictures up of the car, and let you all see the damage and also the outcome of the court case!

• 2 months later...

Finally heard from the Courts.

The other driver was convicted of driving without due care and attention, unsure of the penalty though as noone will tell me!!

Damage pics below! (any personally identifiable bits have been removed!)

Edit1.jpg.c0f4fc3343e293cc71b4c2ebe5de9dc4.jpgEdit2.jpg.885b3ca279ec7badb5e5b61c3614cbf9.jpgEdit6.jpg.349398d97e31907528bfefc7ba1b1836.jpgEdit7.jpg.ae014e6a8eeeae1040ec7b6fb5e82e55.jpg

• Sad 3

You're lucky to tell the tale! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nicam49 said:

You're lucky to tell the tale! 

Indeed I am!

thats the way I looked at it, that the car had done its job and kept me alive!

I mist say I dread the day anything happens to me & mine. Living over Bradford way means lots of Audis, Golfs and BMWs usually dine up to the knackers with no insurance and driving like pillocks. I've had two mk2.5s and now on the ST mk3.5 due to others on the roads.

Just had a newborn 2 weeks ago tomorrow and although it makes me real cautious I don't think I'd feel safer in any other car, I've driven alot of models but these things are amazingly solid and do their job of protecting people inside.

Hope your insurance works out well and easy, I'm almost 3 years in and still ongoing for one where I was sat in traffic and completely not at fault 😕

On 5/5/2020 at 9:27 AM, TDCiST said:

Indeed I am!

thats the way I looked at it, that the car had done its job and kept me alive!

Quite far back in this thread you mentioned upgrading reverse lamps. I realise the threads 2 years old . I’ve got a 2020 st line X , the reverse light is not nearly bright enough, especially with the tinted windows. I don’t have full LED but I believe the reverse light is LED. 
Any idea if it’s possible to get a brighter light for it? 

20 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Quite far back in this thread you mentioned upgrading reverse lamps. I realise the threads 2 years old . I’ve got a 2020 st line X , the reverse light is not nearly bright enough, especially with the tinted windows. I don’t have full LED but I believe the reverse light is LED. 
Any idea if it’s possible to get a brighter light for it? 

Alex, do you have the mk4 or mk3.5? 

3 minutes ago, TDCiST said:

Alex, do you have the mk4 or mk3.5? 

Mk4

If it’s LED as standard than I don’t have an idea!

the mk3.5 was just a swap of lamps!

• Like 2

It’s a lease car. I’m not permitted to modify it in any way. BUT if it’s a safety issue they’d maybe approve it.  With the tinted windows as well it’s like parking in candle light! Do mk3.5 have 2 reverse lights? I noticed a fiesta today, 2016 plate had 2 (not led) but 2 nonetheless.

its not a huge problem but if it’s easy to improve it I’d pay for the work. 

6 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

It’s a lease car. I’m not permitted to modify it in any way. BUT if it’s a safety issue they’d maybe approve it.  With the tinted windows as well it’s like parking in candle light! Do mk3.5 have 2 reverse lights? I noticed a fiesta today, 2016 plate had 2 (not led) but 2 nonetheless.

its not a huge problem but if it’s easy to improve it I’d pay for the work. 

My MK3 has 2 reverse lights, just upgraded them to led because of the same problem.

• Thanks 1