Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to Fix broken Bulb Holder? (mk2.5)

StevieIRL

I was changing my bulbs the other day and due to heavy rainfall midway, I started to rush and accidentally broke the clip on the bulb retainer. The bulb is very loose in the hole and shows no light output whatsover on the road. When I push it in, it falls right back out.

How do i go about fixing this?  

I can't find any bulb holders on eBay, all i get is Xenon conversion adapters. 

What would be best way to get this fixed? I don't even know what steps to take lol.
Also would it be costly? 

Thanks for your help.

Could you be more specific as to what bulbs you are referring to?

I assume he means the metal clip on the dipped beam due to 'no light output on the road'.  I came to this thread expecting it to be the silly plastic tab on the sidelight though lol.

Swap the headlight with one from a breakers yard is probably easiest!  Can't say I've seen the clips available separately, are you sure its broken and not just bent a bit or come out of place?

Sorry pic didn't load first time. If it is yes you can get them from Ford's main dealer about £25 but the end of the wiring goes to the multi plug connector inside the headlamp unit, and it's a sealed unit as far as I'm aware.

Had a similar issue with mine the other day (bulb kept coming loose) but I managed to fix it, by pushing the tab into its locking position, and so far it's been ok.

1517545444262.thumb.jpg.1168e8f73c27b2c7ec4a1b630683e154.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club