Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet open warning

prospector

Hi I keep getting the warning visual and the beep that the bonnet is open. It is very frustrating as i know its shut.

Could anyone tell me where the sensor is on the bonnet as i have looked and can't see it.

Kind regards 

Dave.

It's usually part of the latch mechanism on Fords.

The alarm kept going off on my Dad's Fiesta and they traced it to the bonnet sensor and had to replace the entire mechanism as the switch is integrated in to it.

• Like 1

Yes it's in the latch, you can short it out as a temp measur it's just a two pin socket that goes to the catch  bend a bit of wire into a u shape and tape it over the socket , then replace the catch later catch can be found on eBay for about £25 and seem to last ok I did mine over two years ago and it's still working

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your help guys, took the wire of this morning and put the u shaped wire in the plug and problem solved. I have ordered one from eBay so will fit Monday all being well.

Once again many thanks its great to be part of such a great forum.

Regards

Dave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Hi I'm not mechanical minded so could anybody post a picture of the lead or plug I have to pull off cus there is a piece of plastic covering the latch...I have the mondeo mk4 2.2 titanium x...thx Marcus 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club