Do Not Sell My Personal Information

declaring accident on insurance quote

iantt

i had accicent in a customers car in  march 2016, so was a company policy. the accident without a doubt was not my fault but the car behind behind me. was all sorted apparently , and i left that employer oct 16. didnt hear any more until march 17 from what i remember , some broker rang  i knew nothing of saying the other car owner was now saying it was my fault and was going to court. did i want to attend court. err no. i thought it was all sorted

so on my insurance renewal in march 17 i put accident- not settled. 

not heard any more from broker since then. dont even remember who broker was, or insurance company. i left employer on bad terms so they are being awkward to find out outcome. 

does anyone know a way to find out what history there is against my name insurance wise?

i would like to know as my own car insurance renewal is due now and want to put correct accident history 

You'll have to contact the company's insurance company, I don't know of another way something similar happened to me and that's the way I had to go, it was a few years ago so things may have changed

trying to get the insurance company name from my previous employer is nigh on impossible . keep getting no where , no call back etc 

Just thinking about it, as insurance companies share info or so they say your present insurance company may be able to find out, got to be worth asking them

• Like 1

You would think they do know, but bet if I didn't declare it they wouldn't say anything until I had to make a claim, happy to take my money knowing they didn't have to pay out.

• Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:54 PM, iantt said:

i had accicent in a customers car in  march 2016, so was a company policy. the accident without a doubt was not my fault but the car behind behind me. was all sorted apparently , and i left that employer oct 16. didnt hear any more until march 17 from what i remember , some broker rang  i knew nothing of saying the other car owner was now saying it was my fault and was going to court. did i want to attend court. err no. i thought it was all sorted

so on my insurance renewal in march 17 i put accident- not settled. 

not heard any more from broker since then. dont even remember who broker was, or insurance company. i left employer on bad terms so they are being awkward to find out outcome. 

does anyone know a way to find out what history there is against my name insurance wise?

i would like to know as my own car insurance renewal is due now and want to put correct accident history 

Hello there,

I would contact your current insurer and advise them of the accident if you haven't already?   It would appear from the above that you have, which is the correct thing to do.

We require details of any claims regardless of fault within 5 years and the insurers database will have this claim showing as pending until a full settlement is made.  Your current insurer may well be able to advise you the current status of the claim.

I would have thought that your past employers insurers would be asking to speak to you if the matter hasn't been settled - especially as it's escalated to a potential court hearing.  This is the very last line for a claim and most insurers will avoid court costs if it can be settled amicably.  I'm not sure why you haven't been party to what has been going on up to this point.  Even though you mention leaving your past employer on not the best terms, it would be worth cooperating with the third party brokers/insurers/claims handlers.  In the unfortunate event of the claim being settled not in your favour - this will show as a fault accident against your record.

Hope that this helps.

Dan.

• 10 months later...
On 3/5/2018 at 10:23 AM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hello there,

In the unfortunate event of the claim being settled not in your favour - this will show as a fault accident against your record.

Hope that this helps.

Dan.

This raises an interesting point Dan, but a little off topic.

I regularly drive the work vans around, and we've been informed that if we have an accident at work we have to declare this to our own insurers. From my past experience, even non fault notifications/claims increase the premium by some amount. (Worked out approx £50 more on the premium this year for one non fault claim dealt with the third party insurer, one non fault notification when some cockwomble drove into the back of me at a roundabout, and a windscreen claim).

If I had an accident at work, not my fault, and my own personal insurance premium increased as a result - could I personally claim this from the other party/their insurer?

I have to be honest, the whole insurance situation is a nightmare, but that's my personal view 😛

Cheers!

10 minutes ago, Micro said:

This raises an interesting point Dan, but a little off topic.

I regularly drive the work vans around, and we've been informed that if we have an accident at work we have to declare this to our own insurers. From my past experience, even non fault notifications/claims increase the premium by some amount. (Worked out approx £50 more on the premium this year for one non fault claim dealt with the third party insurer, one non fault notification when some cockwomble drove into the back of me at a roundabout, and a windscreen claim).

If I had an accident at work, not my fault, and my own personal insurance premium increased as a result - could I personally claim this from the other party/their insurer?

I have to be honest, the whole insurance situation is a nightmare, but that's my personal view 😛

Cheers!

Hi again,

Thanks for the questions and yes your employer is correct  in advising that you would have to advise your own personal insurers of any claims that have arisen whilst a vehicle is  in your possession.  There is a centralised claims database which is partly to avoid fraudulent claims and any accident / incident will invariably show against your name if you were driving at the time.

To he  honest windscreen claims aren't relevant and won't have any impact on your premium and those non-fault ones generally won't affect your  own insurance if your employers insurance company established you weren't to blame and recovered their claims costs.

I don't think these claims would affect your premium adversely with our own underwriters.  If they had been fault cases they would of course.

Unfortunately, you would be unable to claim the cost of the premium increase though.

Hope that this helps.

Regards

Dan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club