Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP!. Phone & Voice control

Polnenna

Hi all,

This is my first post here and I hope you can help me with the issues I'm having with hands free and voice control.

I have recently purchased a 2013 Connect with the 6000CD complete with red and green phone buttons plus * and #. There is the Voice Control button on the steering column and what I believe is a microphone on the drivers door pillar.

I successfully managed to pair my phone to "Ford Audio" and received the pairing code of the radio display. All good and accepted the permissions.

That was as far as I got. Pressing red or green phone buttons merely mutes the radio. Pressing voice brings voice up on the display and mutes the radio but nothing else happens when i try the prompts I discovered on the web. I can raise and lower the voice volume with the up and down functions.  I have tried going through the menu functions on the radio but it does not mention bluetooth or phone even though it displayed the pairing code. When making calls the phone says it is using the car bluetooth as a speaker and mutes its own when connected. Also I tried plugging a 3.5mm audio lead into what I thought was the Aux socket below the power outlet on the dash but that gave no output either.
So I guess I have missed a step somewhere or there is a blackhole behind the dash where everything disappears!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Martin

That sounds like either the bluetooth unit or the audio connection to the radio is broken. On the AUX - you did select the AUX input (just checking as you did not mention it)?

Thanks for the info :-) Yes I did select Aux. Turned the volume all the way up but nothing except nearly deafened myself when went back to radio 

Edited by Polnenna
typo

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club