Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dudd battery causing Engine Warning Service Light To Come On?

Nikstryker

Since my mother bought her Ford Fiesta MK 7 SD14 from Evans Halshaw she says she would see the little yellow spanner and a message in the Ford Sync screen saying Engine service Required,

Switching the engine off and back on seems to clear it.

I have now noticed it more often and have recently realised the battery in the car is reaching the end of its days.

Is this a known intermittent fault with Fiestas or is it the battery; bearing in mind its been doing it since she bought the car kinda rules the battery out - she should have taken it back but I guess she just decided after all the hassle she had with Evans Halshaw just to leave it as she had, had enough stress from them?

I have tested it on the occasions when the yellow spanner has lit up with an OBD tester both a handheld one and a bluetooth as well as asking the car itself for a VHR (Vehicle Health Report) and there are no OBD codes present in the ECU.

Anyone else seen this - very annoying!

Car goes into limp home mode - switch off the engine - switch on again and all is fine!

Seems odd there's no code to be read. Are you using a modified OBD reader that can access all the modules, ideally with Forscan?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No have Forscan on a laptop though but will need to buy the proper cabled obd module.

I use an OBD-800 handheld and an ELM327 bluetooth with Torque pro and other apps.

Tried em all - no joy on codes but the cars VHR reports no errors either!

Going to do a battery draw test see if the battery is failing or perhaps its an ecu gremlin.

Should have taken the thing back but she took it back so many times - tyre kept going down, no tyre repair kit in the boot etc
Evans Halshaw like all the others just forget about you once the car is off their hands - will never buy from them again or recommend them.
Not as bad as Arnodd Clarke or the Divots at Macklin motors...

its A while since we've had a Fiesta, but I seem to recall that the service light a spanner and the msg oil service required, comes on when you start then goes off after a minute or so, if this is the case you need a service, or it hasn't been reset when it was last serviced.

How many miles had it done since it's last service?

Again from memory to reset the light turn ignition on and hold down the brake and accelerator pedal till the light goes out.

Naw dude its nothing to do with that.

Its not oil service its the major message - "engine service".

It comes on and the car sometimes goes into limp home mode - switch off engine - restart and its fine no errors engine normal!

400 miles since last service the car is only used once a week now!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club