Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Electric Windows

ekeck

This all started on Saturday 10/03/18 . I was driving on the motorway when the interior light come on for a couple of seconds and then off again . Didn't think too much of it until a while later and went to use the drivers window and it didn't work but made clicking noises , interior light came back on again ,dash lights flickered and i could here the central locking engaging . It was raining hard and i did go through some huge puddles so assumed water had got into the electrics . Didn't use the car again until Tuesday and by this time i had forgotten about the issues prior until i went to use the window again and it went down a few inches before all the clicking and flashing as before started again . Same happens when using both passenger and drivers window switches . I did manage to get the window back up but now wont move . Same again today . Car is driving fine and i would have thought it would have dried out by now as it hasn't rained since . Any ideas would be helpful  

maybe electrical short

Check the fuse box in the engine bay for corrosion, not just the fuses but underneath the box too, this can and does cause some electrical problems.

I'm not sure if I have a similar problem. I have a CC and whilst driving it noticed that the DS window wouldn't go up automatically and the DS rear window won't do anything. Both passenger side windows were fine. The next time I started it, the PS rear window wouldn't go up properly and the DS window was fine. I'm hoping that it is just damp from the copious amounts of rain we have had.

Either that or it is going to start costing as I have just had to have the washer pump changed as well. Is it possible that this is all linked?

not to hijack your thread but its on the same Topic 

anyone know why the driverside window when automatically closing it... reaches the top of the door and promptly automatically opens again??

• 9 months later...

Just to update . Windows still not fixed lol . Definite short somewhere I think . Central locking clicks when I try the windows and interior light comes on with a load buzzing noise from the window switch . Also message on dash saying driver door open . When I press the button for the front windscreen de-icer interior light and same driver door open message on dash . I.ve changed the electric window switch but still the same 

On 3/18/2018 at 10:23 AM, k_j_jacobs said:

not to hijack your thread but its on the same Topic 

anyone know why the driverside window when automatically closing it... reaches the top of the door and promptly automatically opens again??

I know this post is almost a year old, but the 'memory' of the window needs re-set. Simply hold the 'up' button for an additional 3 seconds after it shuts, that'll fix the 'error'.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club