Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Imperial and Metric displays

eustonr

Hi,

Yesterday My brand new Titanium was delvered. I love it, but I have a problem

There are only 2 types of displays - Metric or imperial. You can easily switch between one or the other - but the problem is that Ford has not set this up as for the UK.

When the setting is Imperial, the trip is in miles, but temps are in Farenheit

When the setting is Metric, the trip is in Kilometres, and temps are in Celcius

Sensible you might think, but the UK uses Celcius for temps, and Miles on the road...

Is there any way this can be set on the focus? Its very annoying, as I think in Celcius and miles, as most UK people do!

I found a paragraph in the manual which indicates it can be done - it says " The units of measure for outside air tempurature and the automatic climate control can be toggled independent of the other displays. See General Information (page 85)"

Which sounds encouraging, but it doesn't say HOW to do it. Page 85 just says how to change items on the menu in general terms.

Help! Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Robert

Hi,

There are only 2 types of displays - Metric or imperial. You can easily switch between one or the other - but the problem is that Ford has not set this up as for the UK.

Sensible you might think, but the UK uses Celcius for temps, and Miles on the road...

Is there any way this can be set on the focus? Its very annoying, as I think in Celcius and miles, as most UK people do!

I found a paragraph in the manual which indicates it can be done - it says " The units of measure for outside air tempurature and the automatic climate control can be toggled independent of the other displays. See General Information (page 85)"

Which sounds encouraging, but it doesn't say HOW to do it. Page 85 just says how to change items on the menu in general terms.

Thanks,

Robert

yep its possible mine is on MPG Miles and deg C mines new sept 58 new style dash

Ok set it to IMPERIAL 1st and you have miles but deg F ok

then rotate the selection on the left hand stalk just past Tyre pressure set oh you may not have that but its OK

Roll it round till you get the BIG deg F display see pic 1

now press in the end of left stalk and hold it for 2 seconds Your Climate and temp will change to Deg C see pic 2

if you change from metric to imp and back you will have to do it again

pic 1

23022009143.jpg

now press in left hand stalk set button for 2 seconds

and you get this

23022009142.jpg

climate in deg C too

please post if ok or not

phonekit1-1.jpg

• 3 years later...

I have a Focus 1.6 TDci 2010 (60)....Is it possible to change the main Odometer reading from miles to kilometers ? I have been into the menu a changed it from Imperial to Metric but this only changes the trip reading to KM....

BR

Mojobones

Hi,

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert

In the settings part of the menu, there are 2 sub menus. One for setting Measurement (litres or gallons) and then one below that Temperature (For setting C or F).

Just tried mine I can have Miles / Centigrade or Miles / Fahrenheit or Km's / Centigrade or Km's / Fahrenheit

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club