Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 year service

Nimrodmk8

My local Ford dealer is charging £415 for a service, is that about the going rate for a Ford dealership?

Sounds expensive if it's just a service.

I paid £376 for my ST's 4th year service including the brake fluid change and MOT.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Sounds expensive if it's just a service.

I paid £376 for my ST's 4th year service including the brake fluid change and MOT.

That's good to know, I've booked it this time, but next time might look else where, there're charging and extra £30 for the MOT. It's not so bad as I only book for the 2 year service and not the interim one.

• Like 1

As this is on 2 yearly servicing, the 4th year service includes spark plugs and air filter.

£30 for MOT is decent.  Unlikely to find it cheaper than that even at chain garages now.

Worth checking whether you get the free breakdown cover included at your local Ford dealer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

As this is on 2 yearly servicing, the 4th year service includes spark plugs and air filter.

£30 for MOT is decent.  Unlikely to find it cheaper than that even at chain garages now.

Worth checking whether you get the free breakdown cover included at your local Ford dealer.

Thanks Tom, yes they are including aa recovery, I was just curious on pricing, good to know it's about the going rate

£445 for service and MOT, does that include brake fluid?

Still sounds too much imo.

In and around london £400+ seems the price for 4 year service, ford edgware charges £500+ 😬💸

Ridiculous price for what will consist of mostly checks.

I did a full service at toyota main dealer just last year for my auris, and it was just over £300.

They had a warranty applied for a year aswell that made it worth it doing it with the main dealer.

Ford main dealers don't seem to have a great repuatation from reviews around london either, whist toyota main dealers have so much better reputation. Find it hard to stomach doing a service with ford main dealers.

4 hours ago, Nimrodmk8 said:

My local Ford dealer is charging £415 for a service, is that about the going rate for a Ford dealership?

Did you get a list with what thay will change for 415 GBP?

In France I got a quote for more than 600 euros for oil, filters (oil, air, polen), spark plugs, brake fluid (of course with brake test afterwards). I believe 600 euros is more than 500 GBP so your 415 GBP seems very good...

9 hours ago, Nimrodmk8 said:

Try using the link at the top of the FOC page for servicing. Last year I used it, "BookMygarage" and was able to book my service with a Ford dealer (Bristol Street) for £100 cheaper than if I booked the service direct.

service.JPG

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RaduF86 said:

Did you get a list with what thay will change for 415 GBP?

In France I got a quote for more than 600 euros for oil, filters (oil, air, polen), spark plugs, brake fluid (of course with brake test afterwards). I believe 600 euros is more than 500 GBP so your 415 GBP seems very good...

I'm not sure, but at that price I hope it includes the above parts, at the 2 year service I had the brake fluid changed, it was an extra cost, to be fair I did notice the difference.

Don't get me started on this one again 🤪, BUT:

What do they actually do extra?, because they couldn't tell me

• Like 1

My year 4 service was £494.57 at Hartwell, Banbury. Brake fluid change would have added another £75.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, PaterAnt said:

My year 4 service was £494.57 at Hartwell, Banbury. Brake fluid change would have added another £75.

They know how to charge don't they.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Don't get me started on this one again 🤪, BUT:

What do they actually do extra?, because they couldn't tell me

As said earlier, it's spark plugs & air filter on the 4th year service for this engine.  

Ford service sheets all available online.  Though, of course, I can't guarantee they've actually done the service behind closed doors.

Model Focus 2019
Variant 1.5L ECOBOOST-I3/MAN (01/05/2018-)
VIN  
Interval 4 Years (36000 ml)
Repair/Order No  
Reg. No.  
Reg. Date  
Radio Code  
Mileage ml
Check for any outstanding service actions by using OASIS and ensure they are completed 

Driving Vehicle into Workshop   ok X image.jpeg.b719dc627923274dcccaa1d771e28d52.jpeg
Instrument gauges, warning control lights and horn Check operation

Clutch Check operation/adjust, if necessary (where applicable)

Windscreen, washers, wipers Check operation and condition, if necessary adjust/repair/renew (separate repair order required)

Inside Vehicle  
Exterior and respective control lights; instrument cluster illumination Check operation/condition

Parking brake Check operation/adjust, if necessary (where applicable)

Service Interval Indicator / oil Service Indicator or Intelligent oil Life Monitor (IOLM) Reset after oil change on all vehicles equipped with IOLM irrespective of whether cluster messaging is displayed

Seat belts, buckles and stalks Fully release webbing from retractor, check the webbing for damages, buckle up and unbuckle tongue, observe functionality

Odour filter Renew
P  

Outside Vehicle  
Hood latch/safety catch & hinges Check operation/grease

Under Hood  
Wiring, pipes, hoses, oil and fuel feed lines Check for routing, damage, chafing and leaks

Engine, vacuum pump, heater and radiator Check for damage and leaks

Coolant Check anti-freeze concentration: image.gif.c29635f4a00a915194273944807d891a.gif °C

Coolant expansion tank and washer reservoirs Check/top up fluid levels as necessary - in case of abnormal fluid loss, a separate order is required to investigate and rectify

battery terminals Clean, if necessary/grease

Spark plugs Renew (use torque 18 Nm)
P  

Coil on Spark Plugs Remove and install for access to spark plugs (use torque 10 Nm)

Induction air filter Renew (more often in polluted conditions)
P  

Under Vehicle  
Engine Drain oil and renew oil filter (use torque 15 Nm)
P  

Steering, suspension linkages, ball joints, sideshaft joints, gaiters Check for damage, wear, security and rubber deterioration

Engine, transmission, rear axle Check for damage and leaks

Pipes, hoses, wiring, oil and fuel feed lines, exhaust Check for routing, damage, chafing and leaks

Underbody Check condition of PVC coating

Tyres Check wear and condition, especially at tyre wall, note tread depth
RF image.gif.a139be91a4a8bcfc94836e650316326b.gif mm, LF image.gif.118b459d32d776fe189f02643ba42a30.gif mm, LR image.gif.d86fbd346bd5abf0bd94046379405660.gif mm, RR image.gif.c4ca996f2e65e69dc75edb35199b701a.gif mm

Brake system With wheels off, check brake pads, discs, linings for wear and check brake cylinders for condition: check rubber components for deterioration.

Outside Vehicle  
Engine Refill engine oil
P  

Tyres Adjust pressure

Instant mobility system Check best before date on tire sealant - if applicable

Spare wheel Adjust pressure, check wear - condition (note tread depth) image.gif.16f513406ddc0131726118a1ce838bf4.gif mm

Tire pressure monitoring system Adjust tyre pressures, reset - if applicable

Luggage compartment lamp Check operation - if applicable

Wheel nuts Tighten to correct torque and check for correct type. Check for rim damage (use torque 135 Nm)

Wheel covers Check for damages, especially at retainer system

Service record and MicronAir Filter reminder stickers Update vehicle service record (Service book/Digital Service Record (DSR) and affix stickers to driver side B pillar)

Service Activated Roadside Assistance  
Ford Roadside Assistance Activate 'Ford Roadside Assistance' registration - if applicable (participating dealers only)

The above inspection has been carried out to Ford Standards by your Ford Service Team

Service Advisor

Technician

Service Management
Technicians Comments

• Like 2

As said earlier, it's spark plugs & air filter on the 4th year service for this engine.  

Ford service sheets all available online.  Though, of course, I can't guarantee they've actually done the service behind closed doors.

Model Focus 2019
Variant 1.5L ECOBOOST-I3/MAN (01/05/2018-)
VIN  
Interval 4 Years (36000 ml)
Repair/Order No  
Reg. No.  
Reg. Date  
Radio Code  
Mileage ml
Check for any outstanding service actions by using OASIS and ensure they are completed 

Driving Vehicle into Workshop   ok X image.jpeg.b719dc627923274dcccaa1d771e28d52.jpeg
Instrument gauges, warning control lights and horn Check operation

Clutch Check operation/adjust, if necessary (where applicable)

Windscreen, washers, wipers Check operation and condition, if necessary adjust/repair/renew (separate repair order required)

Inside Vehicle  
Exterior and respective control lights; instrument cluster illumination Check operation/condition

Parking brake Check operation/adjust, if necessary (where applicable)

Service Interval Indicator / Oil Service Indicator or Intelligent Oil Life Monitor (IOLM) Reset after Oil change on all vehicles equipped with IOLM irrespective of whether cluster messaging is displayed

Seat belts, buckles and stalks Fully release webbing from retractor, check the webbing for damages, buckle up and unbuckle tongue, observe functionality

Odour filter Renew
P  

Outside Vehicle  
Hood latch/safety catch & hinges Check operation/grease

Under Hood  
Wiring, pipes, hoses, oil and fuel feed lines Check for routing, damage, chafing and leaks

Engine, vacuum pump, heater and radiator Check for damage and leaks

Coolant Check anti-freeze concentration: image.gif.c29635f4a00a915194273944807d891a.gif °C

Coolant expansion tank and washer reservoirs Check/top up fluid levels as necessary - in case of abnormal fluid loss, a separate order is required to investigate and rectify

Battery terminals Clean, if necessary/grease

Spark plugs Renew (use torque 18 Nm)
P  

Coil on Spark Plugs Remove and install for access to spark plugs (use torque 10 Nm)

Induction air filter Renew (more often in polluted conditions)
P  

Under Vehicle  
Engine Drain oil and renew oil filter (use torque 15 Nm)
P  

Steering, suspension linkages, ball joints, sideshaft joints, gaiters Check for damage, wear, security and rubber deterioration

Engine, transmission, rear axle Check for damage and leaks

Pipes, hoses, wiring, oil and fuel feed lines, exhaust Check for routing, damage, chafing and leaks

Underbody Check condition of PVC coating

Tyres Check wear and condition, especially at tyre wall, note tread depth
RF image.gif.a139be91a4a8bcfc94836e650316326b.gif mm, LF image.gif.118b459d32d776fe189f02643ba42a30.gif mm, LR image.gif.d86fbd346bd5abf0bd94046379405660.gif mm, RR image.gif.c4ca996f2e65e69dc75edb35199b701a.gif mm

Brake system With wheels off, check brake pads, discs, linings for wear and check brake cylinders for condition: check rubber components for deterioration.

Outside Vehicle  
Engine Refill engine oil
P  

Tyres Adjust pressure

Instant mobility system Check best before date on tire sealant - if applicable

Spare wheel Adjust pressure, check wear - condition (note tread depth) image.gif.16f513406ddc0131726118a1ce838bf4.gif mm

Tire pressure monitoring system Adjust tyre pressures, reset - if applicable

Luggage compartment lamp Check operation - if applicable

Wheel nuts Tighten to correct torque and check for correct type. Check for rim damage (use torque 135 Nm)

Wheel covers Check for damages, especially at retainer system

Service record and MicronAir Filter reminder stickers Update vehicle service record (Service book/Digital Service Record (DSR) and affix stickers to driver side B pillar)

Service Activated Roadside Assistance  
Ford Roadside Assistance Activate 'Ford Roadside Assistance' registration - if applicable (participating dealers only)

The above inspection has been carried out to Ford Standards by your Ford Service Team

Service Advisor

Technician

Service Management
Technicians Comments

I know what your saying, it could be just sat in garage, the 2 year service I did see video with car on lift, with the Technician, wheels off checking brake pad, shocks and tyre depth, after that I don't know

• Like 1

Ford service sheets all available online. 

I guess that they actually do so little on a service, that when they finally find something to do they do it twice 🤣

Or is it they do it once for UK tyres and once if you have American tires 🤔

check.JPG

• Haha 3

Brake fluid change is more expensive than it used to be due to needing to connect diagnostics to enable " master bleed" for those vehicles with electric assist/abs. Parts and oil prices have increased. Labour costs increased ,  then 20% of the bill the taxman has  

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2024 at 10:08 PM, unofix said:

Try using the link at the top of the FOC page for servicing. Last year I used it, "BookMygarage" and was able to book my service with a Ford dealer (Bristol Street) for £100 cheaper than if I booked the service direct.

service.JPG

Sadly, as often is the case, Northern Ireland seems to be excluded 😒

• Sad 1

On 5/3/2024 at 2:00 PM, TomsFocus said:

But when I asked, they said all that was extra, but still couldn't tell me why the 4 year service was more, other than they do LOTS more.

Except take the wheels off

Except plug into OBD

Except Flush the coolant, brake fluid or air con gas

Except fit spark plus

Except do the fuel filter

Except change the air filter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

But when I asked, they said all that was extra, but still couldn't tell me why the 4 year service was more, other than they do LOTS more.

Except take the wheels off

Except plug into OBD

Except Flush the coolant, brake fluid or air con gas

Except fit spark plus

Except do the fuel filter

Except change the air filter

Well, they were wrong about that.  You obviously just spoke to some fool on the front desk.  It's not their job to know exactly what goes into each service.  Fortunately they're not the ones working on the car.

For petrol cars on 2 yearly servicing, 4th year includes air filter and spark plugs.  For diesel cars on 2 yearly servicing, 4th year includes air filter and fuel filter.

Brake fluid is always an optional extra, recommended every 2 years.

Coolant is optional, recommended at 10 years, but usually done with cambelt & waterpump change.

Brake check with wheels removed is itemised on the 4th year services for Mk4 Focus.

Air con gas shouldn't leak so that's not recommended at all.  Only regassed when the customer complains that it no longer works effectively.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You obviously just spoke to some fool on the front desk.

Yes, it was the idiot receptionist.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club