Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Windscreen Washers

steadfast

Hi Chaps,

I have had my Mondeo mk1 since new(nearly 14 years)and have replaced the two front windscreen jets(heated)as I was experiencing a lack of water power in the jet and felt that the nozzles were past their sell by date for adjusting. I thought this would be the cure.However,when I tried them after fitting replacements a small amount of water came out the jets and then packed in but I can still hear the motor working. I have read the other posts re this problem and mine is definitely not ice in the system as the car has been garaged during the bad weather. The rear windscreen jet is working.Am I right in assuming then that the pump is OK?. It would appear there is a blockage in the pipe to the front jets or is it possible I have created an air lock?. I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks

check the pipe has not come off the bottom of the washer bottle. if i remember right the washer bottle is right inside the drivers side of the bumper. i think u have a leak somewhere in the pipe for the front washers

Thanks for your help Chris. You were spot-on. After syphoning the water out of the bottle (masses of rubbish came out),it still would not work. I then noticed that one of the pipes felt loose and it just pulled away,it looked as though it had not snapped. Now to take the wheel off and the wheel arch cover to repair.

Cheers

Thanks for your help Chris. You were spot-on. After syphoning the water out of the bottle (masses of rubbish came out),it still would not work. I then noticed that one of the pipes felt loose and it just pulled away,it looked as though it had not snapped. Now to take the wheel off and the wheel arch cover to repair.

Cheers

ure welcome first week i had my mkii both pipes popped off every time i used the washers i had not water on the screen and a puddle on the floor. quite fiddly to fix as i have hands like shovels!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club