Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed Mph At Odds With My Tomtom Indicated Mph

catch

Fair enough, well thanks to you guys as well I have just gone browsing for the updates on cameras, I have a Tom Tom One, however it doesn't seem to allow me to update them, as they have .tla files and I am trying to put on .olv or .asc and I cant make it work, has anyone updated a one yet using this?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I found the problem I was putting it into the wrong POI folder, when I should have put it into the Western Digital 1GB folder...

Edited by jeebowhite

I agree with the majority above...... speedo's are generally 5% fast.

It would follow that Safety Cameras must allow a tolerance of at least 5% ............. otherwise they could be booking innocent motorists. :o

Thats wrong. Thats just a guideline, saftey cameras do not have to follow that at all.

Agreed, unfortunately that's a myth. Most of it is actually the councils appearing to be "assisting" the average Joe, by allowing them to slip up without persecution. I suppose its their way of making up for the fact they have these flash boxes sitting around. I think it also aids them because if they set it as the speed and no tolerance, they would have to near enough check every set of pictures, whereas after the 10% they are almost guaranteed to be a prosecutable offence.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club