Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transit Custom 2022 - Parking Aid Module replacement

Stunic

I have the above converted to a Campervan. I have a Parking Pilot Malfunction warning showing and switch light on. Ford have said it’s the Parking Aid Module but they can’t access the module due to the camper conversion. They say the module is behind the panel aft of the right rear wheel arch. Does anyone have a picture and can the module be accessed by removing the rear light cluster? Would disconnecting and the then reconnecting the battery clear the malfunction message? Thanks

• Sad 1

Is your 2022 Transit not still under warranty ?

I can understand the Ford dealer saying they can't get to the module, so in that case I would be pushing this problem straight back to the company that did the conversion.

• Like 1

Thanks. Unfortunately I am based in Sussex and the conversion was carried out in Sheffield.  I’m not prepared for the round trip plus a few days wait time. If I can access the module by taking out the rear light, the job maybe ok to do. I don’t know how big any access holes will be in the van body or how far the module is from the light. Ford were very vague!

Screenshot_20240430-065142.png

• Like 1

Well that looks very easy to get to. Ford even thought to put a little inspection hatch so that it could be easily reached. I guess you also access the rear of the light via that cover.

Interested in this, I have a 2019 Transit Custom Campervan conversion with the same error, local garage says the same thing. I'm probably going to have to go back to the converters. Any idea how much one of these costs if it needs replacing?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club