Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Spare Key ?

182_blue

Ok, wife just got a new fiesta and the second key is a basic non plip item !!, question is how much is it for a new one with plip and possibly flip, and is there a way of getting one other than paying ford top dollar for one

Thanks

Shaun

Ok, wife just got a new fiesta and the second key is a basic non plip item !!, question is how much is it for a new one with plip and possibly flip, and is there a way of getting one other than paying ford top dollar for one

Thanks

Shaun

dunno, but they're optional extras, standard on titanium!

Anyone know the finis number for they flip key and / or the 3 button key

Fins Code 1x 1337641 Remote

1 x 1543946 Blank Key

• Like 1

I`ve asked Ford regarding price for a flip key and their answer was: blank key 120€, "honing" 25€, coding by Ford 40€. - total of 185€

I bought one from eBay and my price: blank key 35GBP, "honing" 16€, coding by friend 20€ - total of 77€ :)

Since 2007 is possible to code the key for starting a car only via computer connected to ETIS system therefore such price, coding just to open/lock the doors can be done in 15 seconds with your old original keys at home.

I`ve asked Ford regarding price for a flip key and their answer was: blank key 120€, "honing" 25€, coding by Ford 40€. - total of 185€

I bought one from ebay and my price: blank key 35GBP, "honing" 16€, coding by friend 20€ - total of 77€ :)

Since 2007 is possible to code the key for starting a car only via computer connected to ETIS system therefore such price, coding just to open/lock the doors can be done in 15 seconds with your old original keys at home.

Im guessing that you are saying i need to go to ford ? LOL

If I get a blank key fob and stuff, how do I go about getting it coded and actually getting the key cut?

Will a normal key cutting place be able to do this for me? Will Ford code the key, how much, etc?

If these are silly questions, then I apologise!

If I get a blank key fob and stuff, how do I go about getting it coded and actually getting the key cut?

Will a normal key cutting place be able to do this for me? Will Ford code the key, how much, etc?

If these are silly questions, then I apologise!

Key cutting is the easy bit, ford can do it and some key cutting places can do it too (like Timpsons), coding at the moment is Ford only, and the cost Ford is quoting me is £80 (just for coding !!)

£80, isn't there anyway of getting it done cheaper?

By the sounds of it, its probably gonna benefit me more going straight to the dealership for it instead of buying each thing individually?

£80, isn't there anyway of getting it done cheaper?

By the sounds of it, its probably gonna benefit me more going straight to the dealership for it instead of buying each thing individually?

Timpsons told me they might be getting the software to do it, but they cant do it yet, from ford the key bits (for a flip key) come to over £80, and programing was about the same, the only other option is fo find a friendly Ford techie who can do it in his break time

Have emailed this website http://www.autolocksmith.net/ and got a reply (all in capital letters might I add) saying that they can cut and code the key in person for £44 cash. Has anyone used this site before? Cash makes me think it's abut dodgy, but I suppose I could barter him down a bit?

I dunno whether it's a bit dodgy, he said if I post the keys to him it's £26?! Which I thought was a bit wierd?

What do you guys think?

Have emailed this website http://www.autolocksmith.net/ and got a reply (all in capital letters might I add) saying that they can cut and code the key in person for £44 cash. Has anyone used this site before? Cash makes me think it's abut dodgy, but I suppose I could barter him down a bit?

I dunno whether it's a bit dodgy, he said if I post the keys to him it's £26?! Which I thought was a bit wierd?

What do you guys think?

Does sound abit werid that to me the website just looks made up not professional one single bit why do it £44 in person but if you post him the key its £26 thats £18 diffrence to me i would give this site a wide birth does sound dodgy.

What do you guys think?

Cack website, It probably is a genuine business but still safer to err on the side of caution I reckon.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club