2 replies to this topic

#1 simonkit

simonkit

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:16 PM

Fiesta 1.4 2004

Recently had a problem with the Fiesta... It suddenly started running very rough & engine warning light came on, called RAC who said it showed a fault on CYL 4 & it was only running on 3 CYLs. Turned out to be coil failure so I replaced coil/spark plugs & ignition leads & whilst it's much better it now seems slightly hesitant during acceleration sometimes..

my thoughts are maybe the fuel filter or the MAF / Lamba sensor have been affected by the coil failing ?

All advice appreciated

simon

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 RS2000

RS2000

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 2.0D Auto
Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

Try resetting the ECU by pulling out the appropriate fuse. I don't know which one it is without looking it up in the manual.

#3 simonkit

simonkit

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:29 AM

Try resetting the ECU by pulling out the appropriate fuse. I don't know which one it is without looking it up in the manual.

Thanks for the reply......

thing is that I did this, disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, it cleared the engine management light.

It seems too much of a coincidence that a sensor etc would fail at the same time as the coil ??

simon

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users