Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Granada Mk3 Ghia Auto 2.0I (1994)

Dale Granada

Hi,

I've checked every aspect of the car, but depsite having been a 1st time starter for 200,000 miles, it will not start now. Coil, distributor, plugs, hydraulic tappets, oil pump, starter, engine turn over and fuel delivery all in working order. End result of attempts to start are wet plugs, strong smell of fuel and much exasperation. Car in too good condition to throw away. The crankshaft sensor seems to be working okay, so why won't it start? Any sensible ideas gratefully appreciated. Dale

if the plugs are not sparking, the usual suspects are crank position sensor or it's wiring, or ignition module. On the DOHC the sensor sometimes gets covered in oil. or if you have an imboliser on the car it could also be playing up.also check the connector at the auto select stalk is ok.

• 9 years later...

I have exactly the same issue with my 1994 2.0 DOHC Granada. The 15 amp ignition fuse had blown (drivers side fuse box) causing no lights on the dash and no power to the starter, with the fuse replaced i had lights on the dash and the engine then turned over but no spark. There is power to the coil but is not switching to indicate a spark, could this be a crankshaft sensor/blown ECU? The ignition module is fine as i tested it on another vehicle, can't understand why the fuse had blown. 

And the award for the longest topic gap of the month goes to.....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club