Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Rear-View Mirror Removal

R-head

Hi all,

looking to remove the rear-view mirror so it can be colour coded. Anyone had one off a Mk7 before or perhaps could just give some tips/advice on how it's best to remove from the windscreen mount

Jim

• Like 1

Possibly try using a hair dryer next to it on the inside and prize it a little, id recommend using a can of ambersil label remover but would stink the car out for ages maybe petrol on a cotton bud and rub the area around it, if its stuck on with a Polystyrene pad the petrol will melt the polystyrene down to liquid on contact without any fire just put a towel over your dash.

Members my assumptions surrounding how the mirror was bonded to the screen, please scroll down further to see how it’s done.

By the sounds of that Lenny I will probably leave it, didn't realise it was bonded to the screen, thought it may just be fastened to a mount which was bonded onto the screen, think my old Focus was like that :-(

Managed to get a good look at the rear view mirror tonight, came off the screen quicker than a quick thing.

It was like my old Focus one, there's a metal mount bonded to the screen

IMG_0342.jpg

The mirror has a small catch at the base where it sits on the metal mount, pull the catch towards the rear of the car and the mirror assembly just slides up

IMG_0344.jpg

So looks like a plan, take it off, a good bit of wet and dry to smooth the lettering which is proud on the casing and casing as a whole,

bit of plastic primer then a few coats of frozen white ..... should look great!

I'll post more pics once its been done, should be in the next few weeks

Jim

Managed to get a good look at the rear view mirror tonight, came off the screen quicker than a quick thing.

bit of plastic primer then a few coats of frozen white ..... should look great!

I'll post more pics once its been done, should be in the next few weeks

Jim

Glad you got it removed easily you’ve given me the idea to do mine when i get it in January, looking forward to seeing the results mate, :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club