Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Views On Making A A Standard Zetec 1.4 Look Like A St?

Heff

Cheers Andrew!

A couple of lads at work have mk6 ZS's one pays about £2200 a year ( 08 plate tdci ), the other pays £1800 ( 55 plate Petrol ) So i suppose its all about what you can afford!

When your done it will have been cheaper just to buy an st.

to butt in why bother picture this there you are in youre st fake driving along a chav in his corsa comes along and decides hes gonna race you hes looking at you now and youre sussed thats not an st he says he should be leaving me for dust they all laugh lookalikes are just a big jolk just like all these motors with huge and admittedly smart kits induction roar big exhaust the 18 inch rims and the car scraping the ground you pull up beside them and they wanna race and as you look in the mirror they are a blip on the horizon with the puny 1.0 litre engine under the hood be original do something different dont be a lookalike weve all seen them and they dont stand out they look alike you want something that

1.wont effect youre insurance and if it does its negligeable so induction kits and exhausts are out however a panel filter from k n n will be fine

2. got o dmb graphics and get some different coloured gel badges or wahtever takes youre fancy

yeah i agree you should defo do it your own way no point being a fake st make it look even better but unique.

Turns out theres a lad around where i live thats got one and my god its uncanny he must of spent a bomb on it but its a 1.25 HAAAA looser lmao sorry to laff wish him all the best if he reads this but come on really... its all good and well getting a car that looks something special but when it looks like something designed to be fast then you get burnt off the lights by something like a 1.4 corsa ls its a bit sad really.

Deffo go the way of modding to the beat of your own drummer but dont go ott just do things like alloys and stero head unit maybe a cat-back system and lights just keep it subtle and make sure they can be removed when you come to sell the car ive probs said all this in a pervious post but being 19 and a fan of the modified stuff im on the level with you! not saying the other posters arent but yeah im backing out now! thats my 2 pence worth lol

Jack p that signature pic is ace looks like something out the ford brochure just noticed when i scrolled back up the page

Edited by ford focus edge

artscot79. Trying to read all of that in one breath was a bit of a mare.

1.wont effect youre insurance and if it does its negligeable so induction kits and exhausts are out however a panel filter from k n n will be fine

Any changes to the car that are not as standard to your model is deemed as a modification, Changing the bumpers and panel filters will count as a modification

And Edge thankyou very much!

artscot79. Trying to read all of that in one breath was a bit of a mare.

Any changes to the car that are not as standard to your model is deemed as a modification, Changing the bumpers and panel filters will count as a modification

And Edge thankyou very much!

oh i agree it will but usually the hike isnt very much at all a k and n panel filter is almost nothing to the insurance company.

personally all im really trying to say is if its not an st why make it look like one, it doesnty have the ower of the st so really they are a bit of a jolk and to be honest at the price of st parts and the fact the insurance hike will be drastic it would be cheaper buying an st.

i think a few years experience and some ncb will help then mod to youre wallets content

Being the resident ST owner round here im sure i could be of some input

I used to have a 2007 '07' Fiesta Zetec Climate. Very good car and very much enjoyed it, bought it from the age of 18 with 0ncb and built up 2ncb whilst having it for the 2 years.

Running costs, MPG was averaging for about 34.5 the whole time i had it, thats a mix of town driving a couple of 20-40mile drives every week and having some 'enjoyable' driving at the same time.

Tax was about £125 for the year.

Insurance at the ages of

18: £1400

19: £1150

20: £700

But seeing as i own the ST, you might need to factor in costs such as

Fuel : generally 28mpg is what i get doing the same driving as i always have done, a couple of miles to work every day and a few drives out a week, i look at about 220miles to a 45L tank until im in the red with only a few miles left on the trip to saying im empty.

Tax : £200 for the year

Insurance : £1400 at the age of 20

I hope any of that info helps just to compare the two.

Now, by all means its your money etc to do whatever you want with, you can get away with having an ST look alike as everything is bolt on. Only think you may have a problem is with the alloys, the ST rack is a shorter turning cirle due to the wider wheels as they would rub on the arches if they were on a standard rack.

In my personal opinion i wouldnt do anything to the car atall, id wait it out just like i have done. The cost of the parts etc along with the depretiation of the veichle due to it not being standard could lose you alot of wad :/ but if your set on doing so then go for it.

Or, just to throw in a wild card, consider a ZS, these are still very good and would only need side skirts and ST alloys to make it look like an ST, plus the running costs wont be as high as an ST.

Hope any of that is of at help to you, Jack

Top post :D Cheers :D Quite a difference in the MPG with them two isn't there.Why do you say that I should just leave it bog standard?

I think I am going to just do some basic's like tinted windows and such :D ZS isn't on offer with the scheme I'm getting it with :D

Heff

to butt in why bother picture this there you are in youre st fake driving along a chav in his corsa comes along and decides hes gonna race you hes looking at you now and youre sussed thats not an st he says he should be leaving me for dust they all laugh lookalikes are just a big jolk just like all these motors with huge and admittedly smart kits induction roar big exhaust the 18 inch rims and the car scraping the ground you pull up beside them and they wanna race and as you look in the mirror they are a blip on the horizon with the puny 1.0 litre engine under the hood be original do something different dont be a lookalike weve all seen them and they dont stand out they look alike you want something that

2. got o dmb graphics and get some different coloured gel badges or wahtever takes youre fancy

Ok haha I get the point :D Point showed well :D

Heff

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330340144598&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3349wt_911

There cheap and if you believe the phrase "you get what you pay for" :P there alright just use them as a guideline dont rely on them completly!

That's why I've gone for the rear camera on mine. My Mum has a Fiesta too (a mountune one!) but is always complaining about how rubbish visibility is when reversing.

...plus it's cool! lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club