Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Won't Start - Clicking Sound

focusdriver

Yesterday - my 55 Focus wouldn't start at lunchtime when I was nipping out from work for a bit. Everything seemed fine, I waited for the diesel indicator to turn off but when I turned the key the final notch there was just one loud clicking sound and then nothing else. I tried about 7-8 times and it finally worked.

It started fine again last night and this morning but I've just tried it now and it's not starting again. I tried lots of times..

Any ideas? I'm a layman - so think it might be the starter but any tips on getting it started so I can get it to a garage?

BTW what do you do if you can't even get it started to get it to a garage?

Thanks

Yesterday - my 55 Focus wouldn't start at lunchtime when I was nipping out from work for a bit. Everything seemed fine, I waited for the diesel indicator to turn off but when I turned the key the final notch there was just one loud clicking sound and then nothing else. I tried about 7-8 times and it finally worked.

It started fine again last night and this morning but I've just tried it now and it's not starting again. I tried lots of times..

Any ideas? I'm a layman - so think it might be the starter but any tips on getting it started so I can get it to a garage?

BTW what do you do if you can't even get it started to get it to a garage?

Thanks

it sounds like the battery is tired and on its way out, check it with a volt meter, you can also try and jump start it, this will tell you if its the battery

it sounds like the battery is tired and on its way out, check it with a volt meter, you can also try and jump start it, this will tell you if its the battery

clicking =starter motor has a dodgy earth or its on its way out

Alz, I had a new battery and alternator just under a year ago - and the lights and everything are working fine.

I was thinking the starter myself. Do some garages come out and change it if you can't get there? Hopefully it might start in the morning.

Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club