1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Leah1980

Streetka - Indicator & Horn Problems

I have a 53 plate Streetka which I love but things just keep going wrong with it.

I currently have an issue where my indicators don't work UNLESS I keep the hazard switch pushed in, which means my hazards do not work at all...

Also the horn doesn't appear to be working..

Are these problems linked?? Somebody mentioned it could be 'a relay', is this correct and if so what kind of relay am I looking for??

Please help

Hi Leah...don't quote me on this, but I suspect its your multifunction switch rather than a relay. See here so you know what I'm talking about

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ford-Multifunction-Switch-Ka-Puma/dp/B003AQWLZS

However, this one will probably NOT fit the StreetKa, so have a word with a mechanic for a second opinion, but at least you know what I'm on about when I say multifunction switch.. This would be my first port of call. If you can get in touch with someone local to you in the Staffs area who may be able to swap theirs onto yours to see if this is the problem then this may be a start before you go and spend daft money if it isn't this switch after all.

So if anyone out there can help Leah, drop her a line before she gets her hard earned cash out.

i would try a relay first as its the cheaper option( around £5 from halfords) than a new stalk assembly.on the ka there is a relay plugged into the back of the indicator stalk under the cowling) but i do not know if the streetka is the same.