Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel

Pat & Chas

I have an 08 1.4 Fusion with 15" steel wheels. Unfortunately having dinged a wheel rim has brought it home to me that the supplied puncture repair kit is next to useless & I must get a spare wheel. Ford's near £200 for a complete kit seems rather excessive. There appears to be plenty of S/H wheels & space saving wheels around but none specific to the Fusion.

Can anyone suggest please a Ford model wheel which would fit, importantly to fit over the brake mechanism. I make the 4 stud PCD to be 4 1/4"/108mm.

Thanks.

My fusion has 15" alloy rims, but the spare is a 14" steel wheel. As I understand it, this is the same as the steel rims used on the Focus, some lower spec Focuses have 4 stud rims. Now a small legal matter, my 14" spare although exactly the same rim and tyre size as my sister in laws Focus rims/tyres, does have a big 50Mph/80Kph yellow sticker on it, and I am told this is needed for legal/insurance reasons, as otherwise it is illegal to mix wheel/tyre sizes on the same axle. My advice, scout around the scrap yards and check e-bay.(BTW. 15" rim will not fit in the wheel spare well ...I've tried.) . hope this helps.

Thank you for that information, sorry to be en elderly thicko but what does BTW mean ? I measured a Fusion wheel/tyre 195/15 & it would appear to fit in the well, maybe stick up about an inch.

Regards, Charlie.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club