Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help

Amber2606

Hey all,

I'm just wondering if any kind soul can help me please :-(

I have a streetka 53 plate and just had a new clutch fitted last wk which is running great.

Last night i pulled up to find steam billowing out from udner the bonnet of my car, my dad checked and the water bottle lid was slightly loose and the water was bubbling over, but we can hear a bubbling/gurgling sound running through the pipework. Does it need to be bled? I have topped up the water, which wasn't empty and had the car out for an hr or so today and it didn't seem to overheat. It was warm but nothing too alarming, however i did find that the fan under the bonnet doesn't appear to be kicking in at all.

I am at my witts end as to what to do 1st really. Has this happened to anyone else?! Can anyone please shed any light on it at all?! Could it be a thermostat problem?! Electrical problem? I just don't know where to start really and would really appreciate any feedback/help

Thanks peeps

:-)

dont know about bleeding on those but to see if fans is working just idle car stationary until hot, fan will kick in eventually if working. keep eye on temp gauge if goes near red turn off engine. do not fill up with cold water when really hot not good can possibly crack something

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah i have had it idle and running for a hr today and the fan is definatley not kicking in when the engine is getting hot. I don't know if it's a thermostat switch fault or a problem with the electrics.

dont know about bleeding on those but to see if fans is working just idle car stationary until hot, fan will kick in eventually if working. keep eye on temp gauge if goes near red turn off engine. do not fill up with cold water when really hot not good can possibly crack something

ok the coolant system will normaly self bleed. ensure you have a mixture of 50/50 water and antifreeze/summer coolant this will give you optimum protection get your dad to drain and fill. with the cap on your expansion tank loose this will reduce the boiling temperature of the mixture in the cooling system hence the steam so tightening the lid has cured this problem then so relax. as yetiman has posted start the car, run at idle and let temp rise, the thermostat should open about at around 80 degrees and you will see cooling fluid being returned to the expansion tank. the temp should drop slightly, keep the car idling and wait for the fan to kick in, if it does then all is well. :)

prob need to check fuse first then take to garage unless you want to get your hands dirty. if radiator gets hot then not thermostat as this starts/stops water to radiator, could be temp sensor on radiator can test this by unplugging and bridging contacts or mybe a dead fan. not to up KA as never had one but these are first steps with all cars i've had

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club