greggp

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2008 1.8 petrol Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

anyone elese have a 1.8 petrol duratec engine - mines a 2008 titanium model?
Not sure if this is just a normal thing for ford cars or not? Driveability seems fine and no other issues with engine touch wood!
However I have noticed that when I am a sat stationary at traffic lights for instance with neutral engaged I can feel what I can only describe as vibrations/shudders from the engine - is this a normal occurence on the ford engines? I have read somewhere that this kind of thing could be down to the engine fighting to keep emissions low!

Am I correct in thinking the 1.8 version is not the smoothest of idle?
I drove a Mondeo 2.0 TDCO few months back I to be honest the stationary idle wasn't that great on that but I just put it down to being a diesel.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 micksilver

micksilver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Mick
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Style
  • Year: 2009

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

I own a 2009 1.8 Focus Style with the same engine and it idles quietly and smoothly, if fact you hardly know the engines running!

#3 belknap

belknap

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:27 PM

anyone elese have a 1.8 petrol duratec engine - mines a 2008 titanium model?
Not sure if this is just a normal thing for ford cars or not? Driveability seems fine and no other issues with engine touch wood!
However I have noticed that when I am a sat stationary at traffic lights for instance with neutral engaged I can feel what I can only describe as vibrations/shudders from the engine - is this a normal occurence on the ford engines? I have read somewhere that this kind of thing could be down to the engine fighting to keep emissions low!

Am I correct in thinking the 1.8 version is not the smoothest of idle?
I drove a Mondeo 2.0 TDCO few months back I to be honest the stationary idle wasn't that great on that but I just put it down to being a diesel.

i also have noticed a slight shudder when at idle doesnt happen all the time though mine is a 2010 1.8 zetec ..what revs are showing at idle
mine is about 800 ..

#4 starfield

starfield

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.8 zetec, Mark II, petrol (manu 56 reg)

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

when the engine has armed up, mine purrs very smoothly, no shaking or vibrations

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users