Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Code 1622

amanda

what do i need to check with this code please?

You may have to have an auto electrician to have a look at the wiring.I also get codes that say "airflow circuit defective","BSV and EGR valve signal too small".I dont know if it is the wiring or the actual sensors that are at fault but its a pain in the !Removed! as i keep getting check engine lights come on.

This is worth a read and might be the problem: http://www.vehicle-electrics.co.uk/ford%20smart%20charge%20alternator.php

1622 is an imobilizer communication error

ok cheers, i'll see if i can get someone to check the voltage, i only had a new alternatr fitted about 2 months ago and the car runs fine. i hate electrics. i'm worried i have my mot tomorow. do they fail it on ecu light.

If you had an alternator fitted (hopefully a Ford part and a Ford dealer who fitted it?) take it back - as it will still be under warranty and they will need to replace the entire unit under warranty of the part :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club