Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Have you got a name for you car?

Steve

Do any of you have nick names for your car? Berty, Gerty?

Mines christine as it’s got a mind of it’s own LOL

Haha yeah I've called my new Fiesta Fiona B)

The Punto I had before my Fiesta, I called Polly. She soon broke my heart on the MOT though and failed with rotten floorpan and sills.

My sister's boyfriend has a Fiesta Zetec S on a 51 plate and she drives it, she called it Fifi but her boyfriend hates it lol.

My first car, Citroen AX N reg was Duncan, my 54 Fieta was Greg, my 55 Focus was Fred, and the Cee'd is yet to be christened...

I tried to name mine but couldn't think of one that just clicked :(

So the majority think of their Fiesta as female... is that because of 'Fiesta' generally sounding like a female word rather than male, or just because most cars get referred to as 'she' etc by their owners?

I look at the car overall, primarily the horn! if the horn is wussy I tend to call mine by female names (thinking thats the way the Cee'd will go!) but the other cars I had, especially the focus had much more meaty horns - not to appear sexist - but I cant really imagine a meaty horn on a car with a female name?

Hmm that's interesting, I never thought about the horn being the decider of a cars gender lol

lol that's a good question, why is it that most of the time we refer to our cars as 'she' and 'her'..

I think in my case I couldn't see cars being anything other than 'she' and 'her'. The majority of the times ships are regarded as female. Using the tone of the horn to decide sounds like a good idea! That means mopeds would always be considered as teenage girls :D lol

lol that's a good question, why is it that most of the time we refer to our cars as 'she' and 'her'..

I think in my case I couldn't see cars being anything other than 'she' and 'her'. The majority of the times ships are regarded as female. Using the tone of the horn to decide sounds like a good idea! That means mopeds would always be considered as teenage girls :D lol

Lol.

So is the fiesta mk7 horn boyish or girlish? - I can't recall ever thinking wow that's manly/sissyish last time I honked the horn

I don't think I've ever heard, or actually listened that carefully to the tone of the MK7 horn lol :D

My MK5 Fiesta has a really nice loud and meaty horn, compared to my Punto anyway. But she's already been christened as Fiona now so it's too late to change lol.

I've always named my cars James and I usually call them Jimmy. My first one (Renault 19) was James, my second one (A Fiesta was Junior) and my current car is Jimmy the third :D

I'm changing mine - to Empty - because that's exactly what it's done to my wallet in the past week!! :angry::huh:

I'm changing mine - to Empty - because that's exactly what it's done to my wallet in the past week!! :angry::huh:

Take it by the ":angry:" its not on presents :lol:

yeah, mines is called piecea poo

lmao, dare I ask why or is it a sensitive suject.

Edited by Flic
swearing in quoted post

engine runs terribly rough despite changing iac, pcv hose/valve, etc etc. mechanics say its this some say its that and so on. i only put up with it because it runs on lpg

A good enough reason I guess, although some would claim its the LPG causing the rough runnings...

Mines called Fabio... Long and boring story as to why :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club