Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GF's Ford Ka making funny noise...

hoppaz

Hi, first post on these forums but my GF's ford Ka is making a weird noise. I am not really clued up on these cars (I am on others) but it's making a whirring noise continously which correspondes with any touch of the accelerator (so it kind of increases in speed when you accelerate). Sounds like it the timing belt tensioner loose or timing belt itself is making the noise??? What it sounds like is the an engine fan which increases and decreses when you touch the accelerator.

Not sure on what the possible fault is as I don't have a haynes manual and it's dark and I can't really see how the engine is laid out.

Any ideas would be appreciated???

Hi, first post on these forums but my GF's ford Ka is making a weird noise. I am not really clued up on these cars (I am on others) but it's making a whirring noise continously which correspondes with any touch of the accelerator (so it kind of increases in speed when you accelerate). Sounds like it the timing belt tensioner loose or timing belt itself is making the noise??? What it sounds like is the an engine fan which increases and decreses when you touch the accelerator.

Not sure on what the possible fault is as I don't have a haynes manual and it's dark and I can't really see how the engine is laid out.

Any ideas would be appreciated???

Hi i have a KA and i think what you are talking about is the same 'problem' i have. When i say problem though i dont really think it is a problem as i have had my KA for 2 and a half years and it has always made this noise- like it keeps revving on its own to the pace the car is going - but i was told by friend of mine who is a mecanic that it is just a fault in KA's and it is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. i was told there is nothing really they can do but it is not doing any damage to the car whatsoever. However it could be something different to what you are referring to but i hope this helps anyway x

Right managed to borrow a very long extension cable so I could run an inspection lamp to the engine bay. The power steering reseviour was below low and I found the fluid leaking on the floor quite badly via the front of the engine. Luckily I had PS fluid so I have refilled it and the noise has stopped.

I have no real experience of ford ka engines and boy are they packed in the bay tight!

Do these cars have an issue with the PAS pump?

Also I tried to sneak a peak to see where the pump is located but there isn't much space. Does anyone the easiest way to inspect the pump (underneath for example)? I don't have a haynes manual.

Many thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club