Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphone Help Needed

Bigfatsi

Hi,

I've posted about this point before but still have no idea what the issue is.

I have an iPhone 3gs going into a 2012 model Fiesta through the Ford Y cable. I DO NOT have bluetooth.

The reason I've capitalised it, is that I seem to be the only person in the known world who has USB but not BT!

Since upgrading to IOS5, I can no longer see albums or artists as options. My phone seems to stick to the 'Songs' playlist and simply starts at A. The display will show the song and the info button shows album and artist name, but I can no longer list albums, artists or playlists from the phone.

I downloaded the Ford update onto a USB (although it seems like a bluetooth update, not audio) but the car doesn't read anything and therefore doesn't update.

Does anyone have any suggestions what is wrong and how to fix it?

I've just got the car and the phone integration was a big factor in that.

Please help!

Simon

Hi,

I've posted about this point before but still have no idea what the issue is.

I have an iphone 3gs going into a 2012 model Fiesta through the Ford Y cable. I DO NOT have bluetooth.

The reason I've capitalised it, is that I seem to be the only person in the known world who has USB but not BT!

Since upgrading to IOS5, I can no longer see albums or artists as options. My phone seems to stick to the 'Songs' playlist and simply starts at A. The display will show the song and the info button shows album and artist name, but I can no longer list albums, artists or playlists from the phone.

I downloaded the Ford update onto a USB (although it seems like a Bluetooth update, not audio) but the car doesn't read anything and therefore doesn't update.

Does anyone have any suggestions what is wrong and how to fix it?

I've just got the car and the phone integration was a big factor in that.

Please help!

Simon

I take it you tried turning the ignition to position 2 after inserting the USB?

I take it you tried turning the ignition to position 2 after inserting the USB?

Yes, that's correct. Says USB - NO FILES ON DEVICE

HTH

S

Thats an issue with how you have placed the files, not the car. The update must be on the highest folder level possible. EG: F: NOT F:/folder name.

Thats an issue with how you have placed the files, not the car. The update must be on the highest folder level possible. EG: F: NOT F:/folder name.

I've downloaded the zip file and extracted it to the top directory again after a full fat32 format. No luck. USB - NO FILE ON DEVICE

Starts with 8M5T-14D511-AT.BVC etc

Dagnammit

S

I've downloaded the zip file and extracted it to the top directory again after a full fat32 format. No luck. USB - NO FILE ON DEVICE

Starts with 8M5T-14D511-AT.BVC etc

Dagnammit

S

Is it a flash drive stick or a USB hardrive?

Only flash stick devices work.

Is it a flash drive stick or a USB hardrive?

Only flash stick devices work.

As far as I know it is. It's the one I used to play MP3s so I presume it's the right one.

Are you sure that the update is for non-bluetooth stereos?

S

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club