Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Engine Warning Light

I_blame_the_Magpie

Hi. Hoping someone can help.

I recently bought a Ford Streetka - it has been my dream car for ages and I love it already. :)

However after purchase I was driving it home when after about 30 miles, the engine warning light came on. The car still drove fine apart from being a bit juddery.

Got it home and we have changed the spark plugs & ignition leads, and the juddering stopped but the engine light was still there.

Took the car to a EX Ford man with a diagnostic checker and it had logged a misfire which was now clear. He also said fuel injector 4 was runniing lean. Then he wiggled it about and the light disappeared. He cleared the DTC and we took the car for a spin. Got back and he ran the test again - everything was clear and the light was gone.

Happy days until the next day, when the light appeared again. This time we cleaned the fuel injectors wiith carb cleaner, and refitted them. The light is still there.

Some other notes: the pre cat oxygen sensor was replaced to pass the MOT just before purchase, but only just passed. However it wasn't an official Ford part which I understand can cause problems.

Also while the light is generally solid, it occassionally flashes at tick over. Other than this the car drives like a dream, If It wasn't for the light, and the slight lumpy tick over about 950ish RPM I wouldn't even know there is a problem.

The car has only done 37,000 miles and is a 2005 model.

Thanks for your help.

Ps: Ran a DTC check at home and the code DT 412 showed up. Have no idea what this means or even if it is an error code.

It does sound like a faulty injector. The car is probably running lean, which increases the hydrocarbons and that is why the car struggled to pass the emmissions test.

Had a misfire on our SportKA and experienced exactly the same as you. It will be worth getting the injector replaced as it will run so much smoother.

Thanks. :)

I'll show your reply to the man in this story. He was the one who did all the work and told me what to write here. Sadly I don't have much of a clue....

Bizarrely the warning light disappeared on it's own today! We are hoping it won't come back.....

:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club