Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Ka Fuel Cap

DaveD

We have a new Ford Ka Edge two weeks old tomoz. Went to fill it with petrol and when I inserted the key in the fuel cap and removed it the doors locked! Never had that before and wasnt aware it was going to happen either. Now when I took delivery I was given a key code and an electronic key code. Should I have been given a radio code too? The radio isnt a hi-tec radio. Thanks Dave.

Are you sure you didn't occidentally push the lock button on the key fob as you unlocked the fuel cap, the buttons are a bit hair trigger, I regularly lock the doors by accident as I remove the key from the ignition. :huh:Yes you should have a radio code, it may be in the audio handbook.

Perhaps I did but I dont think I did though. The best way is to do it again (when it stops raining) and see. Thanks DD.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave, Had the same problem, when filling up, I found kept hitting the lock button on remote, when trying to relock the petrol cap, which in itself, is a pain, a fiddle of a job.

Yep it was me catching the 'Lock' button.

I didn't think locking petrol caps were necessary anymore due to the anti siphon fuel pipes. Besides if they want your fuel don't they just cut the pipes these days?

I think locking petrol caps are a comforter to the owner, thats all.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club