Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locking Wheel Nuts

ken

Hi All

I dropped my car off at the local tyre place yesterday only to be told they couldn't find my locking wheel nut key anywhere in the car. the last time my wheels were taken off was at Ford when they cleaned my brakes to get rid of the squeaking a few months ago.

Now i know they will never own up to this but do they keep spare sets of keys? or are they all unique? I know on my old BMW they just just had about 10 types of different key and they let me try them all to see which one fit my locking nuts, im hoping this will be the same... but being ford i somehow doubt it.

Thanks

Ken

Just spoken to Ford and they said to bring the car in and they will check to see if any of the keys they have lying around will fit my wheel nuts. not sure what their plan is after that, will they give me the key, will they ask me to buy a new one etc... i will find out next week as i will go in on monday.

I don't suppose you have the little card that came with the locking nut key do you? It has the unique number printed on it which Ford can use to make a new key.

I probably do, i bought the car new so i still have everything (apart from the locking wheel nut key lol)

Does the card come in the same bag as the key or will it be in the paperwork etc? if its in the plastic bag then i may not have it because thats where my key was...

Does the card come in the same bag as the key or will it be in the paperwork etc? if its in the plastic bag then i may not have it because thats where my key was...

Usually in the bag, if not would be with your handbook in the glovebox.