Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recently Updated My Focus.....

JimBear38

Morning all,

Just bought an 07 Focus 2ltr TDCi Ghia so thought that I would ask for some advice concerning a couple of teething problems with it. This is my first post so hopefully someone will help!!!

I have always had fords so was pleased with my new purchase but I am starting to lose faith in this particular model. Thankfully the first issues were fixed under warranty (front brake issues and a new clutch) but now the warranty has expired, the problems still keep coming.

The new problem, and the most frustrating of all so far, sees the car refusing to start. At first, the car would start but then immediately die. Initially it would start ok on the second attempt but latterly has fired, then immediately died for up to 6 consecutive attempts before finally roaring into life. Lately this had progressed to the car failing to fire at all.

My initial diagnosis was that this new issue was a result of a flat battery as there didn’t seem to be enough charge to drive the starter motor. This was then followed by it simply making a clicking noise. However, all other electrics (lights, windows etc) all worked without any slowing up or apparent suggestion of a lack of power. When the starter motor would click, the speedo and rev needle would both twitch and the trip computers and average fuel displays would completely reset. I have checked the battery earth and this seems to be fine. The car has so far always started if jump/bump started. I have had the battery tested along with the alternator and thes showed no faults or loss in voltage.

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice as I am fast losing patience with the car? I am now afraid to drive it anywhere as its failure to start has changed from a very infrequent issue to a very regular one. Living in the country makes this very problematic. I am concerned that this will be a costly fix, especially if constant diagnostic checks are needed?

Jim

Morning all,

Just bought an 07 Focus 2ltr TDCi Ghia so thought that I would ask for some advice concerning a couple of teething problems with it. This is my first post so hopefully someone will help!!!

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice as I am fast losing patience with the car? I am now afraid to drive it anywhere as its failure to start has changed from a very infrequent issue to a very regular one. Living in the country makes this very problematic. I am concerned that this will be a costly fix, especially if constant diagnostic checks are needed?

Jim

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum,

when you get a momment please join photobucket or a similar image hosting website then upload some pictures of your motor and link them to your thread here on the forum,

you may also like to have a look at DMB graphics website,

they manufacture gel badge overlays so you could change the blue oval to match the colour of your car or taste

http://www.dmb.uk.co...es-gel-overlays

have you had the glow plugs checked recently as it could be the issue.

if the coil on the glow plugs is worn down then they wont get hot enough to ignite the fuel causing lots of starting trouble and also cause bad MPG aswell as cutting out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club