Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2008 Hatchback Steering Column Within The Foot-Well

deanoo

Hi

I have a Ford Focus 2008 hatchback the Mk3 has anyone else notice that the steering column inside the car just above the foot-well is exposed and catches my feet when turning and using the clutch or the brake. I have been to Ford today to see if there is a cover missing off the shaft and it is how it’s supposed to be. I also checked the same shape focus on the forecourt and it was also exposed. I have had to change the driver side mat as the steering column was moving the mat but now I have put a shorter mat it now catch the end of my shoes. I don’t have feet like flippers only size 8 so it’s not that. Is it just me or as anyone else notice this?

Regards Deanoo

all focis mk1 1.5 2 2.5 and 3 are the same no idea how you could catch youre feet on it unless you have youre whole foot over the pedal having had the mk1 and having the mk2 and driven the mk3 a few tumes my feet go nowhere near it as for the mat it shouldnt go that far up in the footwell to touch the column

Yes that's normal.

Annoyed me too until I learned to not put my whole foot on the pedal.

I had the Ford Focus 2006 the previous shape and did not have this trouble at all. Did they change the steering Column arrangement/route?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club