Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Systems Fault Warning Light Help

AirfoilUK

hey all,

wondering if you can help me.

I was running errands today and car was running fine for approx 5-7 miles and on the return home i pulled out of a junction and suddenly the light came on ( red cog with ! in the middle) and it felt like there was no power. I was still able to go above 50mph so it wasnt in limp mode but again there seemed to be very little power. i got home like 2-3 minutes after light came on and just turned engine off and restarted and the light wasnt on. i havnt drove it yet just incase but i have a important journey to take in a few days which is over 50 miles.

ive looked around and there is no definate answer to this. I have it booked into my trusted garage on weds for new injector seals, water pump and timing belt ( getting to milage where they should be replaced).

btw my Car is a 05 plate Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI LX 130k miles.

any help would be much appreciated,

Kev

Just get them to plug it into the diagnostic reader when it goes in, if the light has been on, the fault should be registered, its the only way to tell.

well an update,

Deal is basicly having nothing to do with the car he sold me, so have to go through courts now.. lovely >.>

but to my surprise weve found out one of the major faults that caused the light... the turbo. it has very kindly sheared the impelor inside the housing causing no pressure which put the light on. apparently it was nearly a new turbo ( yeah right ). so just a heads up if your buying a tdci have a quick look inside the turbo.. may just save you a nasty bill :).

depends on how much you paid and when given the mileage of the car it can be assumed that the turbo is due to wear and tear and on a high mileage car these things are to be expected call citizens advice and see what they say then use what they say and go back to the dealer and take it from there

well been to solicitors and have been advised as it classed as a major fault with the car, and none of the problems were advertised and spoken i have a case. he actually broke the law selling a car that was unroadworthy according to my solicitor so... its one of them things thats going to be a pain in the rear but a lesson learnt. lets see how long this takes eh >.>

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club