Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Photo Of Rear Windscreen?

fishworm

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

On Tuesday night I had my rear windscreen smashed (sad face) and yesterday someone came out to fix it. That's all done now, no problem there.

However my boyfriend thinks that there is a part missing where the wiper connects to the car. He thinks there should be some sort of covering over the metal. I think that makes sense that there should be, but I can't remember whether there was one there before the guy fixed the windscreen or not. He asked the guy at the time and he just said no so I left it.

I've done some googling and found a few photos but I can't really tell whether there's anything there or not. The best I found was this: http://0.tqn.com/d/cars/1/0/S/B/2/ag_11fiesta_hatchrear.JPG which looks to me like there should be something black covering the metal. Is that right?

I was wondering whether anybody here would be able to take a close up picture of their rear wiper where it connects to the car, so I can compare to what my car looks like at the moment?

I have a Fiesta 2010 plate but I suppose any 2008+ model would look the same.

If there is some covering missing, what should I do? Is it simple to buy and attach it myself? Is it a problem that it's missing - I'm thinking rust might be an issue?

Any thought would be great

Thanks!

It should look like this:

mjR2mI2kI5TmBqSbln6tsjQ.jpg

There a wee plastic bit that covers the nut that secures it to the car. (RHS of the photo)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club