Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Repogramming Key Fob (Sorry If Its Been Done Before)

garbage456

I got a key (not the master) and a fob, both of which start the car (the fob also opens doors and boot)

I bought a new key abd fob, I have followed the guide that says turn 4 times from 0 to II to reprograme which it does fine and beeps and i can reprogram the new fob, trouble is, it cancels the original fob from working, is there a way to get both fobs working?

You need to press a button on all remotes, one fob after the other, while the car is in the learning mode.

You need to press a button on all remotes, one fob after the other, while the car is in the learning mode.

ah yes, done it now.

still wont start the car though on the new key and fob ?

The ignition trick only programs the central locking phase.

if you want to programme the transponder chip in the key to deactivate the immobiliser there are two things you can try.

Option 1-

• Insert the first already programmed key into the ignition and turn to position II
  • Turn back to 0 and remove the key
  • Insert the second already programmed key into the ignition and turn to position II
  • Key programming mode is now activated and you have ten seconds to:
  • Insert the unprogrammed new key into the ignition and turn to position II
  • Allow 10 seconds to pass for the system to exit programming mode.

You may be lucky enough that your car still has this ability, Ford removed this option on cars after a certain date (sorry can't be definitive when) if this method doesn't work for you then it's option two-

Contact an Auto Locksmith who will add the key to your PATSII (immobiliser) system using a IDS/VCM (Integrated Diagnostic System)/(Vehicle Communication Module) plugged directly into the OBD port in the dash, or---

Go to a Ford dealer and ask them, but be aware that they will charge an hours labour minimum (more than you would imagine for something that literally takes less than 5 minutes).

Best of luck and hopefully this will at least give you pointers to resolve your problem.

thanks for info above will give it a try tonight

oh thats not going to work you said insert 2nd key already programmed, can i not insert the 1st key again?

well i will try it anyway

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club