Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Drone79

Can't Get Ht Lead Back On! Argh!

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I've been having a problem with intermittent starting failure and misfiring at low revs - so I've started a little troubleshooting and the plugs looks a bit worse for wear.

I've changed them all this morning, andfound that I simply cannot get the furthest left HT lead (the longest one)back on the plug. When I checked them yesterday I had the same bother, but it went on eventually. However today... If I take the plug out, it's no bother. Put it in, attempt to put the lead on and it just will not go!

Has anyone come across this before? What the heck could be stopping it fitting back? It's driving me mad!

Lenny likes this

check your old plugs, do they all have the little female screw on them? one could be stuck in the ht lead..

Lenny likes this

The contacts inside the cap are only thin strips of metal and can get damaged/distorted.

Have a look in the offending cap to see if the contacts have bent out of shape (compare with another one if need be).

Lenny likes this