Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 Central Locking Being Strange

spaniel

Ok this us a weird one. My 2001 focus central locking stopped working on the drivers side (i dont have a remote key). It works on the passenger side including locking and unlocking the drivers door, but it can he delayed, sometimes the other doors dont unlock till you open the front passenger door.

Today i fitted a new drivers locking mechanism and it was all working fine. I then drove it home and it is now the same as it was before.

Anyone got any ideas for what the hell is going on?

the mk1 has a tendancy for water to get to the lock mechanism and cause it to freeze work slow or stop if this has only just started with the cold weather then open both doors undo the top torque screw nearest the driver or passenger seat get wd40 with the straw attatched and spray it at a downwards 45 degree angle inside the hole do this on both doors and then replace the torque screws after an hour or so retry the locking it casn take a few hours to get all the water out but usually this will do the trick

Its nothing to do with the cold. There has been a problem for a while but not got round to doing anything.

Now the central locking has completely stopped. Will have to start checking fuses

Is remote and key in lock both showing the same problems?

I dont have a remote just the basic key with no buttons.

None of the central locking is working now. What fuse or symbol do i need for the central locking

cant get to the manual at the moment, quick googlies search reveals fuse #63?

It cant be a fuse now. Got in it last night, slammed the door and they unlocked. Then this morning nothing would work.

I then get to work and its working fine again.

It must be a dodgey connection somewhere but its trying to find it.

What i dont get is the drivers door will unlock from the passenger side even when it wont on the drivers side.

Is anyone good with wiring on these it could be i need to look for a certain colour rather then checking the whole door loom.

Here's the full central locking diagram for a MK1, hope it helps.

th_scan0013.jpg

|Hover on the image in the PhotoBucket link and click to download in original size and the image should be large enough for you to see all the detail you need.

This is really anoying now. I keep reading about fuse 63 but mine only goes up to 62???

I have checked wires and cant find anything.

Can anyone tell me which relay is for the locking or what the central locking module looks like or where it is?

This is really anoying now. I keep reading about fuse 63 but mine only goes up to 62???

I have checked wires and cant find anything.

Can anyone tell me which relay is for the locking or what the central locking module looks like or where it is?

Is there a fuse panel under the bonnet? Can't remember if the fuse numbers continue on in there or not.

fuse 63 is on the rear of the footwell fusebox you have to remove it and flip it over and youll find the lone fuse

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club