Get Your Club gear
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

r0b3r7

2011 Zetec S 1.6 Tdci - Dpf Query

7 posts in this topic

Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time, and apologies if this has been asked before (I've searched but couldn't find a definitive answer)

I'm thinking of getting shot of my 1.6 petrol Focus, and replacing with a Fiesta 1.6 TDCI (pref Zetec/Zetec S) as the Focus its costing too much in fuel etc (£60-£70 a week)

I've read various horror stories regarding the DPF, one being that a regen will cost upwards £1000.

Currently i do around 300+ miles a week (just over 16,000 a year) as i need to travel 30 miles to and from work, almost all of the journey is on the motorway

With the mileage that i'm doing, will the dpf cause me any problems?

Thanks in advance

You shouldn't have any problems :)

Good stuff, also will this ever need an EOLYS top up at some point?? And are there any other issues i should be aware of before i commit to buying :)

Sorry for all the questions lol

I had mine for over 2 years and did 48k with no problems (engine related anyway!)

Had mine nearly a year an a half doing similar trips to you everyday and no problems at all. If the dpf filter does go wrong you can remove it and just leave the case in the exhaust so it looks like its still there come m.o.t time

The Fiesta does not use eolys oil for DPF regeneration, the motorway run is the best thing for a DPF as the regen cycle is completed by over fuelling the engine and burning the soot from the DPF.

The Ford coated DPF is cheaper to replace than other manufacturers, as an example my mates Passat used by his wife to transport the kids around town £1800 to replace :o I believe that Ford will offer service exchange units for £300 :)

Thanks for your replies folks!

Some great info there, much appreciated!! :D