Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Questions

Ashtonluke

Hi

I am a new member. I picked up my new shape Fiesta yesterday. My third one in 5 years. I am delighted with it and think the new shape is excellent and the whole driving experience is much better. There are a couple of things I've noticed, though, and would be grateful for some assistance:

1. If I switch the engine off the radio stays on and similarly when I switch engine off, I have to switch the radio on manually; is there a way of setting it so the radio will go off and come on with the engine as it did on my previous fiesta?

2. As I have been driving along in day, it seems I have lights on the whole time even though my main lights are off. I don't have the LED daytime lights but wondered if there are daytime lights on the vehicle anyway?

My wife picked up her new fiesta on Friday and has the same things so I presume both should happen!

My radio comes off and on with the ignition (unless you turn the radio off while the engine's running, then it stays off) on my 2012 Fiesta. I'll have a look in the menu next time I used it to see if there's an option for it. It sounds like something that'd annoy me so I don't see why they'd deliberately change it in the new ones.

As for the lights I'd assume those are daytime running lights. Mine doesn't have those though because it's a pre-facelift so I can't really help there.

My focus does this too with the radio - it turns off when you open the door. Then it's on as normal when you turn the ignition!

The lights are those daytime running lights- as you won't have the led ones, they use the sidelights for it - you can tell the difference between these and normal sidelights settings as your back lights wont be on during the day :)

Thanks for your replies. I tried opening the door when the radio was on and it went off once opened so that mystery is solved. Thanks for that otherwise it would have been a little annoying switching on and off the whole time!

I thought that would be the case regarding the lights. As long as they should be coming on I don't mind!

The car is fantastic though. There is a definite difference in feel between my old MK 7 and the new 7.5. The new design on the front makes the car look meaner too :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club