Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lx To St

Helmetvonspit

Hello everyone,

I am after some advice if you all don't mind, i have a fiesta LX 1.25 mk6 2003 with an engine on the way out and have purchased a fiesta ST engine from a friend and was thinking of putting it in my LX is this possible? and if so what is needed to complete this project.

would it have to have the brakes upgraded, shocks upgraded, wiring loom upgraded, bushes upgraded and also wondering if the front and rear beams would need changing too.

I also have too replace my front bumper as i am eating venison for dinner at the moment because a deer decided to jump out infront of me and break it for me, the issue i have with the bumper is that because it is an LX model i have to buy a 2 piece bumper because the one piece bumpers dont fit, is this true because i was looking forward to getting an st bumper to fit to my car.

Looking forward to your comments.

Darren

The ST bumper will fit no problem you'll need to change the full bumper though. Im not to sure about the engine but id contact your insurance and ask them how fitting an ST engine will affect your insurance. You'll probably find it'll add about £1-2000 to your premium. You'd be aswell just buying an actual ST lol

Thanks, i'll check with my insurance first then.

I have looked for posts on here for engine replacements and bodywork but can't seem to find any, could you point me in the right direction please.

Like I say you'll find insurance on an actual st is alot cheaper than modifying a car to fit an ST engine. Im on my mobile at the moment so its not the easiest to look on. Ill have a look and see if I can link you to some previous posts tomorrow night matey

Cheers Daniel, look forward to it.

Never a point dropping in an engine you can already get for the same model like what you're doing, you always pay a premium for a swap over just buying the car the engine was from. It's usually better off putting say an R1 engine in the boot or something like that, probably wouldn't be much more insurance wise. I know my V-tec Mini was £40 cheaper to insure than it would have been going from the 1000cc engine to a 1275cc engine.

Let's put this way. On my point of view, you can change the engine because the engine room is the same, sometimes change the position of the engine supports.

Now: I wouldn't tell to the insurance but in case of accident I would lose everything, because I would be changing the specs of the car what makes the insurance company step out. Another point of view is, because you are talking of petrol engines, in the next MOT they will check the co2. And you not going to say that you think the levels of co2 in both engines are equal, are you?

So you would fail in the MOT and probably they would report your car to the insurance company.

Resume is just problems. If you want an st buy one.

In U.K. They don't control so much the Diesel engines so probably in diesel would work, like the 1.4 to 2.0 tdci

Thanks for the advice guys...

Let's put this way. On my point of view, you can change the engine because the engine room is the same, sometimes change the position of the engine supports.

Now: I wouldn't tell to the insurance but in case of accident I would lose everything, because I would be changing the specs of the car what makes the insurance company step out. Another point of view is, because you are talking of petrol engines, in the next MOT they will check the co2. And you not going to say that you think the levels of co2 in both engines are equal, are you?

So you would fail in the MOT and probably they would report your car to the insurance company.

Resume is just problems. If you want an st buy one.

In U.K. They don't control so much the Diesel engines so probably in diesel would work, like the 1.4 to 2.0 tdci

The insurance company wouldn't just not pay out, you'd most likely be done for insurance fraud/driving without insurance for that much of a modification.

You'd fail the MOT straight away as an engine replacement like that needs to be certified as safe by an MOT station, so they'd fail you instantly for not having it on the paperwork.

you can always buy just the body kit to look like one :P

head over too http://f6oc.co.uk/index/ and (join the forum which is free) and look for a member called Shilly@ jandkperformance, hes done quite a few projects with mk6 engines and st engines

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club