Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Montune upgrade

MichellefromEssex

I fully understand the power bit, we had 4.5ltr automatic merc before the fiesta and I do miss its huge engine but not its 9mpg lol, I have taken the fiesta on a motorway trip recently and although top speeds were no problem, I was a bit concerned on pulling out to overtake a few times as my foot didnt seem to have any further to go so made me a bit more hesitant, kick down on the automatic my merc flew along!!!!

Have you spoken with Mountune about the possibility of having it done in Denmark?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MichellefromEssex

• BenW

• hedgepig

• Skinfaxe

hi michelle, im looking at travelling to essex as i live south of the dartford crossing so its not far at all... and it will be worth it.. i would go to my local garage but everytime i go there i seem to buy a new car, as this is my 4 th new fiesta in 3 an half years lol

cant wait to see yours.

Asked today at the dealership about the Fiesta RS and they said that it was looking a definate no go, checked about my option package etc and everything is ok, also enquired about side skirts - £135 each side but this is supply only, will need to be sprayed and fitted ontop of that!!!!!

Look forward to a mini-review of the performance upgrades and pictures of the visual changes, be interested how if at all affects economy and insurance and how it goes post upgrade.

Asked today at the dealership about the Fiesta RS and they said that it was looking a definate no go, checked about my option package etc and everything is ok, also enquired about side skirts - £135 each side but this is supply only, will need to be sprayed and fitted ontop of that!!!!!

Can always hope for the ST then :)

I am all booked in - 8th April at 9am, will be the 2nd car to be upgraded damn that person who beat me to 7th April lol, Costing just a little over 2k for the whole lot including tyres, everything they take off the car including alloys/tyres exhaust system will be boxed up and given back to me.

Also I asked about the insurance going up and he said that it may not affect it at all and that when they did the ST upgrades (think thats what he said lol) some people found their insurance went down which is strange!!!

The autoexpress.co.uk review of it also seemed to suggest that the insurance wouldn't go up (and it'd do the same MPG).

The autoexpress.co.uk review of it also seemed to suggest that the insurance wouldn't go up (and it'd do the same MPG).

ogryn - Thanks for pointing out the autoexpress review.

Yeah thanks for that, I was told the mpg wouldnt be affected which is fantastic news, omg I am getting very very excited now only 9 more days to wait (not including today and the day it goes in of course lol).

Wicked review. However the insurance is liable to go up. Insurance companies ask wether the car in question has had any modifications after the factory build (so things like dress-up kit / X pack etc arn't modifications) but the montune upgrade would be.

Iv'e done a quote for myself with the montune pack so we can see the kind of increase we are talking. The modifications I have checked are:

* Non-Standard Alloy Wheels

* Exterior Decorative changes

* Engine chip 11%-25% inc BHP

* Exhaust non-standard

So if you were being squeeky clean those are the modifications as far as I am aware. NOTE: The engine chip is due to montune changing the engine computer to increase thr BHP by 16.6%

So, the origional quote i was given was: £913.00 from Elephant.co.uk

The new quotes showed HSBC as being the only one who would provide me with insurance, at a cost of £2,340!!!

Obviously this is because I am so young, but I think its fair to say that the montune upgrade will effect your premium, just hopfully not by that much! :lol:

I am all booked in - 8th April at 9am, will be the 2nd car to be upgraded damn that person who beat me to 7th April lol, Costing just a little over 2k for the whole lot including tyres, everything they take off the car including alloys/tyres exhaust system will be boxed up and given back to me.

Also I asked about the insurance going up and he said that it may not affect it at all and that when they did the ST upgrades (think thats what he said lol) some people found their insurance went down which is strange!!!

That's a stunningly good offer from Mountune (free fitting etc) and now I'm seriously envious / jealous!

Even though I'm in Leicestershire, it'd be well worth having a day's holiday and driving down to Mountune's HQ to have it done but like I said before, I daren't risk spending all that money when the future's not looking too orange at the moment!

I wouldn't count on your insurance not being affected though--can't see how it would go down--and I don't believe that it'll stay the same either but I'm sure you'll let us know how you get on won't you?

The one snag (from my point of view anyway) is that you'll need to keep the car for a lot longer than you had originally planned and for me that would also have to figure in the equasion.

So far my record is 2 years as I do get bored quickly and crave more power and more toys--typical bloke really--but then I think you and your OH will understand.................. B) :)

whats the point? would you not get better power gains by throwing on a cossie head and cams, or a the st 2.5 T, all i can see is you get some fancy plastic and a spoiler with a chipped ecu. wow. im notnsure what they are standard but i bet you can get at least 30 B.h.p from a head with mild cams. and has no one thought about sorting the handling side of things???/

whats the point? would you not get better power gains by throwing on a cossie head and cams, or a the st 2.5 T, all i can see is you get some fancy plastic and a spoiler with a chipped ecu. wow. im notnsure what they are standard but i bet you can get at least 30 B.h.p from a head with mild cams. and has no one thought about sorting the handling side of things???/

That would the chav thing to do, and our NEW fiestas are not chav.

If you read into the specs a bit further, you will find this:

The 140PS performance upgrade, for Zetec-S and Titanium 1.6-litre models, consists of a high-flow air induction system, a high performance exhaust system including high-flow catalyst and tubular manifold, and re-calibration of Ford’s 1.6-litre Ti-VCT Sigma engine to produce 140PS at 6750rpm and 170NM at 4250rpm. This boost in performance reduces the standard 0-60mph time from 9.9secs to 7.9secs.

Also, handling wise the Fiesta is the best handling Fiesta ever made, and can easily take 140 bhp

Have you spoken with Mountune about the possibility of having it done in Denmark?

No, but maybe I will! - However, after a quick web-search, I haven´t found anything that indicates that Mountune is available in Denmark!

Another problem is the warranty... because even though the engine upgrade is under warranty in UK, I´m pretty certain it´s another matter in Denmark!

Look forward to your "review" of the upgrade... :)

:)

whats the point?

Warranty is not voided with going this route, that's a big plus for a new car owner

That would the chav thing to do, and our NEW fiestas are not chav.

If you read into the specs a bit further, you will find this:

Also, handling wise the Fiesta is the best handling Fiesta ever made, and can easily take 140 bhp

But what is the box and diff rated at????

Wicked review. However the insurance is liable to go up. Insurance companies ask wether the car in question has had any modifications after the factory build (so things like dress-up kit / X pack etc arn't modifications) but the montune upgrade would be.

Iv'e done a quote for myself with the montune pack so we can see the kind of increase we are talking. The modifications I have checked are:

* Non-Standard Alloy Wheels

* Exterior Decorative changes

* Engine chip 11%-25% inc BHP

* Exhaust non-standard

So if you were being squeeky clean those are the modifications as far as I am aware. NOTE: The engine chip is due to montune changing the engine computer to increase thr BHP by 16.6%

So, the origional quote i was given was: £913.00 from Elephant.co.uk

The new quotes showed HSBC as being the only one who would provide me with insurance, at a cost of £2,340!!!

Obviously this is because I am so young, but I think its fair to say that the montune upgrade will effect your premium, just hopfully not by that much! :lol:

Just being a bit sad here, but Tesco compare (car insurance) has the new "Fiesta mk7 140PS" model in list of cars!! :) And when i choose it and try to get a quote it says I have to ring up :o

can only suggest that it will be increased, have to work out if the mountune model, if insurance providers do start to recognise it is more or less expensive than manually adding on the modifications???

Im a young driver by the way,... well 23... but classed as young :)

Just part ex'd my 07 Fiesta ST for one of these, from Group 13 to 6 and by looks of things insurance will cost aprox the same.

And yes, i am interested in the engine upgrade, and have already contacted mountune direct about it. Worried about money but can make that decision if or not i get the opportunity with mountune. :)

Just being a bit sad here, but Tesco compare (car insurance) has the new "Fiesta mk7 140PS" model in list of cars!! :) And when i choose it and try to get a quote it says I have to ring up :o

can only suggest that it will be increased, have to work out if the mountune model, if insurance providers do start to recognise it is more or less expensive than manually adding on the modifications???

Im a young driver by the way,... well 23... but classed as young :)

Just part ex'd my 07 Fiesta ST for one of these, from Group 13 to 6 and by looks of things insurance will cost aprox the same.

And yes, i am interested in the engine upgrade, and have already contacted mountune direct about it. Worried about money but can make that decision if or not i get the opportunity with mountune. :)

I contacted Mountune today and its still a green light for next weds, they are waiting for Fords to release the calibration tool next Monday!!!!

Got my insurance changed today - still with Esure for £315 for me and the OH.

My OH has got a bee in his bonnet about the Montune now, we have seen the upgrade pack for the engine but nothing for the bodywork extras/wheels etc, has anyone got any links to where he can find out more about the whole montune upgrade if thats possible? thanks x

I've got my name down for the upgrade with mountune :) Should get date confirmed tomorrow... only having the engine upgrade though!!

My only slight worry,..... is that the exhaust just seems to hang down from rear grill/bumper... if you look at the pics? its not clear.... It does not come out straight and the fiesta with the dress up kit is very low to the ground as it is.. anybody else :S about it. Or is it just me not actually seeing a clear enough picture?

Michelle, when you get yours done in a week is it? 7th? Would you be so kind as to flood the forum with pics... and have at least 1 looking square at the back, at about 50% of the height of the car and take a piccy. lol

Checked with ford today... AGAIN, and still no build date. they still estimate end of April and say just cus titanium and all the stuff i got on it slowing it down a bit. bah!

Want it now... and more so there is one sat on my drive now!! (Bro's gf got her's today) :(

Of course I will take piccies for you, I am going to go camera crazy, shame you have not got your car yet as you are going to miss their launch promotion of the free fitting and free appearance pack.

The pics I have seen of the exhaust hasnt worried me or the OH I think because atm the exhuast isnt visible through the back bumper that anything sticking out seems strange (at first glance) time will tell I suppose wether we like it or not - although by then it will be too late anyway lol.

What did your bruv gf go for and what colour?

Just had an email from Mountune, here is the price breakdown:

140PS power upgrade for 1.6-litre Ti VCT: £1299

MP lightweight wheels including black nuts and MP wheel centres: £529

Dunlop SportMaxx high performance tyres including fitting and balancing: £396

Exterior appearance pack (including side splash and mirrors): £FOC

Labour (6 hours): £FOC

Total: £2224

However just found out that they do not have locking wheel nuts, so have instructed that our silver locking nut is put on for now until we can get a plastic cover or have it sprayed black - there is no way I am going to risk my wheels getting high inched!!!

Of course I will take piccies for you, I am going to go camera crazy, shame you have not got your car yet as you are going to miss their launch promotion of the free fitting and free appearance pack.

The pics I have seen of the exhaust hasnt worried me or the OH I think because atm the exhuast isnt visible through the back bumper that anything sticking out seems strange (at first glance) time will tell I suppose wether we like it or not - although by then it will be too late anyway lol.

What did your bruv gf go for and what colour?

Hey, ive got the promo, im number 18!! :) lol

Booked in for 18th May.. woop woop!!

Yeah, i spoke to them again and they confirmed just how the picture makes it look, but the exhaust (whats on show) is 100% parallel with the floor, so thats it for me... just a slight concern as picture does not justify that. lol

My Bro gf ordered her/s a week before i did, she got hers yest (or well Monday anyway :rolleyes: ) and mine STILL has not build day. I assume it's because I added the interior pack, which has ONLY just today gone on Ford's website as an available option.... maybe a delay with my order and that.... fingers crossed build date soon!!

right, back on subject..... Bro/s gf, she got a Black Zetec S, 1.6, city pack, full dress up kit and wheel upgrades (17").

It looks rather posh.... was in it last night and it was deff a crowd turner.... much better in life that in pics i have to say,.. and its stunning in pics ;)

Oh, by the way, do you have parking sensors? Should i consider getting them, since no build date yet can modify i think :)

I tried it as hers have them, and i was very impressed, better than though but ive never used before, so did not bother puttin on my build... was that a mistake? advice please.... :)

Cheers.

Hey, ive got the promo, im number 18!! :) lol

Booked in for 18th May.. woop woop!!

Yeah, i spoke to them again and they confirmed just how the picture makes it look, but the exhaust (whats on show) is 100% parallel with the floor, so thats it for me... just a slight concern as picture does not justify that. lol

My Bro gf ordered her/s a week before i did, she got hers yest (or well Monday anyway :rolleyes: ) and mine STILL has not build day. I assume it's because I added the interior pack, which has ONLY just today gone on Ford's website as an available option.... maybe a delay with my order and that.... fingers crossed build date soon!!

right, back on subject..... Bro/s gf, she got a Black Zetec S, 1.6, city pack, full dress up kit and wheel upgrades (17").

It looks rather posh.... was in it last night and it was deff a crowd turner.... much better in life that in pics i have to say,.. and its stunning in pics ;)

Oh, by the way, do you have parking sensors? Should i consider getting them, since no build date yet can modify i think :)

I tried it as hers have them, and i was very impressed, better than though but ive never used before, so did not bother puttin on my build... was that a mistake? advice please.... :)

Cheers.

If you can't reverse the Fiesta without sensors, it's glasses you need. :lol:

And they look ugly if they aren't colour coded.

If you can't reverse the Fiesta without sensors, it's glasses you need. :lol:

And they look ugly if they aren't colour coded.

lol, well actually i do need glasses :P

but, tbh they are quite discreet..... http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...aded&start=

take a look :)

Either way, not to sure if i can get them on at this stage anyway, so if i can or cant from fords answser, thats my answer as initially i decided against it, but after seeing how good they were yest i was like "oh". lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club