Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 2.2Tdci Titanium X Estate Mod Reccomends Pleasd

wcah

Just bought my self the above mentioned and im looking at doing some subtial mods, footwell lights, rear spolier/full body kit, can you change the dash an sterio lights? As the cars black i was thinking of red dash, footwell lights. Also is it wourth getting it remapped? An at what kind of cost would i be looking at?

What mods would you guys reccomend

Many thanks

Hi

I recommend a Bluefin remap, its a known quantity and its possible to revert it to standard in 2 mins (for servicing, or icy weather etc) the RRP is about £400 for a turbo car - there may be doing a promotion (about £320)

You could probably get it remapped local to you a bit cheaper, but companies can vary enormously in quality / after sales service/ etc

If you like having a lot of low-down grunt, a tuning box does a similar thing to the remap, i recommend DTUK (expensive at £330)and roverron (about £200)

A Bluefin/ remap or tuning box (alone) will give a big, noticable improvement to the performance (and improve MPG a bit too)

The other things worth doing are a decat (approx £100) and a larger intercooler (£100 - 300) these are the "regular" mods - (not as big a difference as the BF/. remap/ tuning box) the back-box is restrictive and could be replaced with a straight- through type, (it stays fairly quiet/ is MOT-able/ legal) but you would have to get it fitted/ custom made as none are commercially available "off the shelf"

Its worth getting the EGR blanked

Performance - wise, after that its deminishing returns (i would say BF/remap/ tuning box 1st, and then lightening 2nd, then other things 3rd ) but if you really need to out- accelerate ST220s into three figures you could have a look at my signature for ideas

Suspension wise the Eibach springs are good and its worth getting poly- bushes for the subframes and front suspension

Im not really the one to recommend cosmetics (and these things are a matter of taste) but a de- tango (replacing the orange indicators) can make the car look sleeker/ more modern

Good choice of car :) is it a euro3 or 4?

seems a bit like deja-vue

Many thanks about the remapp will investigate that one. Sorry for my ignorance but how do i tell euro 3 or 4? Whats the diff apart form you cart block the EGR on euro 4?

Is it hard to change the footwell lights as there white at mo and im looking at changing them to red along with the wing mirror puddle lights and the dash lights?

Since i still have my ST200 estateMK2 was woundering if the bodykit would fit if only the rear spoiler, as iv only found one in poland so far to fit it.

Defo going to get it lowered it looks like a monster truck lol.

Am sad to see the ST200 go its been an absolute pleasure to drive for the last 8 years.

Hello again -

You can blank the EGR on a euro3 with no problems, a euro 4 can also be blanked but the EML may come on and can be reset with a code reader (about £20 online) many owners prefer this to leaving the EGR un-blanked (a solid plate will "fix" a faulty EGR valve, and of course will stop the carbon/ gunge building up in the inlet manifold (so you dont have to keep cleaning manifold out all the time- once is enough) and prevent the smoke/ flat spots/ hesitation/ at low revs that the EGR causes, -

i recommend a solid, stainless steel blanking plate (mild steel can rust through, aluminium can melt through, one with holes is litereally a waste of time and defeats the purpose of the plate and requires a working EGR valve/ system

f you open the bonnet, at the back of the engine cover, sticking out there is the turbo actuator, if its a silver "can" thats a pnematic actuator and its a euro3, if its a "black box" thats an electronic actuator/ euro4

Its easy to change the footwell/ puddle lights, i would keep the dash lights white because they can be very hard to read in red, - the red bits get very bright and the other colours "dissapear", i had green back- lighting on mine, if your clocks are white it may be worth a try (i fitted white LEDs to reduce the electrical load, to fit a smaller/ lighter battery)

I don't think the mk2 bodykit will fit, possibly some bits/ may require modification

A family member has a Mondeo mk3 tit- x 2.2 hatch, it is a euro4 and the EGR is blanked, it has a decat and the Eibach springs fitted, (the only other mod is an SMF conversion/ uprated clutch) i had thought of fitting eibachs on mine but the type of speed bumps round here the lowered car has to slow down to 20mph or less i can take at 70, (the unlowered car is just wide/ high enough to drive straight over them) and in when it snows, the unlowered car can go places the lowered one can't,

The lowering/ stiffening helps the car "roll" less in hard cornering, though, and the estate can feel a bit "heavy" on the back

the 150 kilos stripped out of the estate has transformed the handling

FYI, the heavily- modified 2.0 is noticably quicker than the almost stock 2.2

You will enjoy the extra space in the back of the mk3, the midrange torque and exellent economy of the diesel, but im sure you will still miss the ST200, its quite a special car and i think rare in estate form

Just shooting the breez now with this question, if i lower the suspension on the titanium would the springs fit onto the st200mk 2 estate? Only mentioning it as then i could sell the st200 as a realy good runner instead of spares or repaires.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club